The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I suggest you drop the subject you will do poorly in next year ... however Maths is a good qualification to have for any University application

This Year I've taken Biology, Chemistry, Computing, English Language.

I really wanted to drop Computing but cant now seeing I did so badly in AS Biology. I will now drop Biology and will pick it up again next year as an AS.
I take Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Business studies:frown: and General Studies..
Hopefully AAAAU so im going to drop Business studies and HAVE to cram 6 maths modules in 12 months after these exams =[
Reply 3
i was gona drop eng lit or psych but now i've done so bad in chem i might drop that. I do biology 2
its hard to tell wot ur gna drop until u get ur results. but as it stands im dropping history :biggrin:
Reply 5
For AS I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Psychology and German.

Next year, I will either drop Biology, German, or both. Probably just German, though.
Reply 6
it will be the lowest garde in either french or biology
Reply 7
Currently taking: Maths, F. Maths, French, History, Economics & Business Studies, General Studies
Planning to drop: Maths, F. Maths, French, History, Economics & Business Studies, General Studies
now im stupid n im not dropping anything atm unless i do really badly in a subject then i mite drop that!!!
Reply 9
Biology or History..more likely Biology :frown: (although I might be stupid and take all my 4 next year..)
Reply 10
lulu_dudette
now im stupid n im not dropping anything atm unless i do really badly in a subject then i mite drop that!!!

Thats not stupid...just means your comfortable with all your subjects !! Thats me too btw...I'm not dropping anything unless I do badly either !!
Reply 11
I'm taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Critical Thinking

Next year I'm (probably) dropping Chemistry and Critical Thinking
Reply 12
i hope to drop accounting thought i got B... it's just boring.. i cant put up with it anymore.... any1 has any idea about physics/ sociology/ general study.. im going to choose 1 of them next year...
It's probably best to wait until you have your AS results before you make your final decision, but ideally you should drop your least favourite subject, unless that grade is much higher than one you don't enjoy as much. Keeping all your subjects is fine too if you enjoy them, you get good AS grades, you work hard and you're organised, but bear in mind that it's unlikely to make any difference when you apply to uni.

vietdoan: Do sociology! :biggrin: I'm biased because I took it and found it really interesting, but definitely don't take General Studies because most unis don't count it as a proper A-level.
Reply 14
I do Biology, Chemistry, French, German and General and I wasn't planning on dropping any of them, but my school's really strict about keeping all your subjects - they usually only let people with straight As at AS and there's no way I've got that. I did want to do Medicine at Uni, but I detest Chem and I can't do it, so I might drop that and do Languages instead.
Reply 15
I'm (probably) dropping Maths. I can't wait!! Unless of course I get a really low grade in French, but even then...
Reply 16
I take: maths, further maths, physics, chemistry, biology.
Definetly going to drop biology, regardless of what I get in it, because its SO BORING! :p:
I've definetly done worse in it than the others and almost sure I've failed it, so doesn't really matter.
Thats exactly what i did webbers. Then decided to only do AS FM rather than the whole A2 :smile:.
Reply 18
definately maths! i am pretty certain i have a U through lack of work and focusing more on subjects i want to do well in. i'm going to take up AS bioligy next year to compensate for me failing maths!
Reply 19
Probably history, I might be tempted to drop something else though depending on my results.

Latest