The Student Room Group

Nursing postgraduate course

Hi I just wondered if the postgraduate in nursing is eligible for the postgraduate loans?
Original post by LGreaves
Hi I just wondered if the postgraduate in nursing is eligible for the postgraduate loans?

As far as I'm aware if you are eligible for the nhs bursary it will exclude you from being able to access the postgraduate loan.
Reply 2
Hi I Just received email from the financial support team at the university and they say I can receive it as it is a masters degree?
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
As far as I'm aware if you are eligible for the nhs bursary it will exclude you from being able to access the postgraduate loan.

Following on from our telephone conversation yesterday afternoon, please find a funding information factsheet attached. In addition to funding from the NHS, postgraduate students studying for an MSc or MA will be eligible to apply for the new Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance England.
Following on from our telephone conversation yesterday afternoon, please find a funding information factsheet attached. In addition to funding from the NHS, postgraduate students studying for an MSc or MA will be eligible to apply for the new Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance England.

That's really useful information - unfortunately the SFE representatives on TSR haven't responded to any questions about Masters courses that are eligible for NHS bursaries (which is why we understood that like Architecture and MPharm courses they wouldn't be eligible in 2016).

Once the bursary is scrapped in 2017 then it's clear that all Masters previously NHS funded would be eligible for the new PGL - we're just waiting for official confirmation from SFE that this is also the case for 2016.

Would you be able to attach the factsheet that your university sent to you to a post?

Hi

We're waiting on confirmation on how other sources of funding will affect your eligibility for a Postgraduate Loan. Once this is confirmed we'll let you know in thePostgraduate Loan section of SFE's Student Finance Zone.

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending