The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This was the boots case study by the way

Did your exam invigulators tell you to change the irrelevant date from 1881 to 1860 or something
Reply 2
I loved it, my best exam yet. I needed an additional sheet...I NEVER NEED AN ADDITIONAL SHEET! I can't remember what I got for that question, but I think that section was definitely my weakest, I had to waffle a lot in b) and I'm not sure I got the calculation right. Oh well, waffling is what business studies is about.
Reply 3
lolol

Did you refer to the case study?
Reply 4
i didnt like the EU question :frown:
Reply 5
Isn't it just asking for benefits (advantages and disadvantages) of EU

Such as Exchange rates, Laws affecting business, Cheap to import export etc.etc
Reply 6
I got -46 point something

only thing i didnt know was core business all else good
Reply 7
Yeahh I did refer to the case study a bit, and I guess in the 8 mark questions I kept saying "Boots should...especially because they're a retail company" or something.

For the EU question, I mentioned that it would benefit to an extent i.e. exchange rates, would be able to export cheaply without fear of tariffs and things, but wouldn't benefit - increased competition, and strict EU regulations especially on products such as food/healthcare/pharmaceuticals etc.
Reply 8
I started yapping about random policies and working conditions for the EU question.. didn't have a clue. 8 marks down the drain...
Reply 9
Good bless BBC news and Channel 4 news in my opinion
I wouldn't have had a clue if i didn't watch it lol
and btw how come you all got -46... for Q7...

I got -53.5% .... :s-smilie:

(New - Old) divided by Old... right?
Reply 11
That's what I did ravi, so I'm a little nervous about it.
Reply 12
You had to divide 86 by 185 multiplied by 100

As you cannot divide 185 by 86 and mulitply by 100 to get a realistic percentage
hmm, oh well we'll find out our results in august. I'm still rooting for an A* but... I think if i get it i will have scraped it... otherwise i'll only get an A... or... worse.. :frown:
For that question you do:

86 - 185
----------- x 100 to find percentage change.
Reply 15
Ravi_Mistry
For that question you do:

86 - 185
----------- x 100 to find percentage change.

Yeah id agree with you there to be honest
Reply 16
o well, I'll still get 1 or 2 for that question for the working probably, I got 61/63 in cw so hopefully I'll scrape it :smile:
Reply 17
I also mucked up on EU question, never covered it in class! 8 marks down the drain and probably the A* with it. I'm quite upset with this exams, i think i could've done better. Anyways we'll find out on August 23rd.
yeah... maybe the grade boundaries will become lower if everyone messes it up :biggrin:
Ravi_Mistry
and btw how come you all got -46... for Q7...

I got -53.5% ....

(New - Old) divided by Old... right?

I got that answer tooo :biggrin:

Ouch my hand =[ ..... 10.5 sides!!
(My friend asked for 2 extra sheets :O

But yeah overall twas good :smile:

Latest