The Student Room Group

Any aspiring pilots????

IS there anyone who plans on becoming a pilot in the future?? If so, what do you want to fl and how will you prepare for it?
I'm looking to join the military as a pilot. Leaning towards the army as I'm more into the soldiering side of things too, but considering applying for the RAF (again) before i'm too old.

'Preparing' by working on fitness, keeping my hand eye co ordination in check, doing well in academics and getting involved with societies/developing leadership attributes.
Original post by A-10
IS there anyone who plans on becoming a pilot in the future?? If so, what do you want to fl and how will you prepare for it?

I want to be a commercial airline pilot when I'm older. I'm currently doing my AS's and I want to go to University to study Aviation Technology with Pilot Studies. I want to fly commercial airline aircrafts such as 737's/747's with basic airlines to start off with like RyanAir or Jet2.com.
Reply 3
I've applied to fly for Qatar on a scheme through ctc aviation.
I doubt at this time I will get it, I would like to fly the a380
Reply 4
Original post by joecphillips
I've applied to fly for Qatar on a scheme through ctc aviation.
I doubt at this time I will get it, I would like to fly the a380

I'm training on this course, if you need any info don't hesitate to ask. All the best and good luck with your application! Got a date for your assessment yet?
Original post by paddyd92
I'm training on this course, if you need any info don't hesitate to ask. All the best and good luck with your application! Got a date for your assessment yet?

Hi, what grades did you achieve to go onto be applying for Qatar? What GCSE's did you get/need? Did you go to University? What AS/A2 grades did you achieve? thanks.
Reply 6
Original post by Brandon.1219
Hi, what grades did you achieve to go onto be applying for Qatar? What GCSE's did you get/need? Did you go to University? What AS/A2 grades did you achieve? thanks.

http://www.ctcaviation.com/courses/qatar/

Minimum requirements
Be aged between 18 and 32 years of age (commence training before 33rd birthday)Hold a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) Grade C or above, including maths, science and English languageAcademic
IELTS Level 6 minimum English language proficiency for non native English speakers
Be able to pass a security check to ensure your right to live and work in QatarMinimum height 5’2” (1.58 m) , maximum height 6’3” (1.91 m)*Be able to obtain a QCAA Class 1 medical without restrictions
Becoming a pilot is very difficult as the industry is fiercely competitive. We need things that will make us stand out in this industry where everybody is near enough the same (skills etc).
Reply 8
Original post by Brandon.1219

Hi Brandon,

As the messages above have already stated the grades you need I won't go into too much detail. I have 3 A Levels; two languages and Physics, and I also have a degree in languages. I'll be honest my grades aren't fantastic (GCSEs were mostly A*s and As but not at A Level) but Life Experience is important too and I am lucky in that respect to have such a lot of experience (compared to other people my age).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending