The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TelAviv
Do you know if these stack?

For example, if I were to get all of these at once would I be able to get an amazing 18% boost to my mark?

No idea! But here's a bigger list
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1583520/Special-consideration-for-exams-the-rules.html
Original post by Arima
okay genuinely thought this was a troll question so, some research:
Recent death of parent or close relative - 5%
Recent death of distant family member - 4%
Witness to distressing event on day of exam - 3%
Hay fever - 2%
Death of family pet on day of exam - 2%
Pet dies day before exam - 1%
Headache - 1%

literally i always have hay fever, headaches, and a barrage of myoclonic seizures throughout exam season lmao... this could've boosted 2 of my AS grades from last year into the next grade. :/

HAYFEVER? Much confusion. Don't many people have hayfever?

I am one of those people! There is a chance! :mwuaha:
Original post by Arima
Hay fever - 2%
Headache - 1%

literally i always have hay fever, headaches, and a barrage of myoclonic seizures throughout exam season lmao... this could've boosted 2 of my AS grades from last year into the next grade. :/

:redface: Hay fever and headache? So if I had both hay fever and a head ache during an exam does that equal to a raise of 3%? Lol if I told my class mates this and others know about this then for this season exam boards would literally have to raise almost everyone's grades.
Really?!
Tfw Fluffy manages to survive an extra day and dies on exam day. Thanks based Fluffy for extra 1%.
By the way OP, sorry about your pet. I hope it doesn't die and gets better. I truly think you should take your pet to the veterinary before it dies in order to have some evidence that it was indeed in a critical/poorly state. So if your pet does die, let's hope not, you could go back to the veterinary and speak to them for records you could have in order to provide for the examiners/exam boards. Your entitled to these records so there wouldn't be any problem. Just explain your situation. Wish you the best with everything, including with your exams.
Original post by Miffy98
You get an extra 5% added onto your marks, so if you had 78/100 you end up with 81.9/100, but that's only if your pet died to due an accident or something bad rather than old age or sickness. To prove it, you need to send them a picture of the pet.

What ******** is this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
My dog died on the day of my driving test. Somehow I still passed.
Original post by Arima
Hay fever - 2%
Headache - 1%

how could you prove that you have a headache?

i think im going to have a headache in my mechanics exam
I believe that it is a maximum of 5%, regardless.
Original post by TelAviv
Do you know if these stack?

For example, if I were to get all of these at once would I be able to get an amazing 18% boost to my mark?

Latest