Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

stressed about exams

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Hi guys, I am feeling very stressed about exam results. Atm I feel like I've messed up my exams which gets me really upset but many keep saying that I need to be confident because everyone thinks I'm going to do really well. I got straight A*s in my mocks back at Xmas, but I have definitely not got that this time, which really disappoints me. Even if I feel like I have made several small mistakes in my exams, can I still get A*s? I just feel like I'm under a lot of pressure but I'm just not peaking at all in these exams unlike others. I just need some support and help that's all! 😭

I know exactly how you feel, I got the best results in my year during the mock exams, but they were past papers so I had done them before.. Do you feel as though you are putting pressure on yourself or is it the people around you? I put a lot of pressure on myself because of the fear of others making fun of me or being shocked at bad results. I realise now (haven't got my results yet) that my exams are in the past and there is literally nothing I can do to change my grade at the moment. Just remember that your GCSEs can be sat again in years to come if you didn't get a good grade. Also, take into account course work and your other exams, which can bring your grade up. Good luck!

Thanks. Im glad someone understands. I feel that i put pressure on myself because i want to do the best and not be disappointd, but i feel some of the exams this year have been very strange and not like past papers i have done. Im just afraid of being upset because of a bad result or being embarrassed because others have beat me as if i get something wrong in school or lose a mark in anything everyone takes the mick because i always do so well. I guess for me i think a bad result is anything under an A, but i suppose i cant really think like that anymore. Everyone expects highly of me and if i say i messed something up everyone always says its not possible for me to do that etc...

I get the same reaction from those around me and receive jokes. I think that those around me may be putting some pressure on me because they often say things like "she'll probably get an A* anyway" etc. I understand what you mean about the exams. In my experience, there was a shock in every exam with either the layout of the content asked. Therefore, you're not the only one that believes this, so don't feel that you're alone. You have tried your best and that is all that you can possibly do.

I know how you feel!! I moved away during year 11, so i had 5 months to study all of my IGCSE, also i changed the syllabus and couldn't go to school because i am born in April 1999, i have to be born in august 1999 to enter year 11. So i am so stressed out, especially because i have always been a straight A* student, never got less than an a A. So yea a lot of pressure from family to do good, especially my dad, but i keep telling myself only 10 more days and it'll be okay. So do your best!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.