The Student Room Group

stressed about exams

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I know exactly how you feel, I got the best results in my year during the mock exams, but they were past papers so I had done them before.. Do you feel as though you are putting pressure on yourself or is it the people around you? I put a lot of pressure on myself because of the fear of others making fun of me or being shocked at bad results. I realise now (haven't got my results yet) that my exams are in the past and there is literally nothing I can do to change my grade at the moment. Just remember that your GCSEs can be sat again in years to come if you didn't get a good grade. Also, take into account course work and your other exams, which can bring your grade up. Good luck!
Reply 2
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I get the same reaction from those around me and receive jokes. I think that those around me may be putting some pressure on me because they often say things like "she'll probably get an A* anyway" etc. I understand what you mean about the exams. In my experience, there was a shock in every exam with either the layout of the content asked. Therefore, you're not the only one that believes this, so don't feel that you're alone. You have tried your best and that is all that you can possibly do.
Reply 4
I know how you feel!! I moved away during year 11, so i had 5 months to study all of my IGCSE, also i changed the syllabus and couldn't go to school because i am born in April 1999, i have to be born in august 1999 to enter year 11. So i am so stressed out, especially because i have always been a straight A* student, never got less than an a A. So yea a lot of pressure from family to do good, especially my dad, but i keep telling myself only 10 more days and it'll be okay. So do your best!

Quick Reply

Latest