The Student Room Group

Anyone do the maths calculator foundation paper? I think I've messed up 🙈

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emmz93
Feeling in the middle at the moment, stressing that i didnt do great, but realise its done now lol.
I Did foundation, was originally doing higher but our teacher changed his mind :tongue: Must say the calculator one had more things on it that i had "an idea on" how to do it. However i know i have made a few mistakes, and doubt that both papers will add up to the required grade c. It was interesting doing this at 22 years old, as im doing this for my level 3 apprenticeship , its pretty important for me to gain a C. I have never been good at maths, always been better at english, but the way i see it, is that its like a driving test, you can take a few tests before passing. It doesnt matter how many times you take the exam, at the end all that matters is when you DO pass :smile:

Goodluck :biggrin:

Omfg!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Original post by Popadom12345
I'm not saying I'm bright because I go to a grammar school, I'm saying that everyone has the ability to learn so there shouldn't be a need for a foundation paper.

Everybody does not have the same academic ability or are gifted, there are people who do struggle and we should respect that rather than be degrading. I have friends on foundation tier papers and I know they are very hard working people but the higher paper is not for them.This attitude towards other people won't get you anywhere in life. I find your comments to be absolutely disgraceful and disgusting.

I have no shame saying I did the foundation papers for German GCSE and accept for a fact that I would have failed the higher. I am predicted 5A's, 4B's and 1C not the best but at least I am not like you who goes on the internet and decides to belittle foundation students.
Reply 82
Original post by Tinka99
Everybody does not have the same academic ability or are gifted, there are people who do struggle and we should respect that rather than be degrading. I have friends on foundation tier papers and I know they are very hard working people but the higher paper is not for them.This attitude towards other people won't get you anywhere in life. I find your comments to be absolutely disgraceful and disgusting.

I have no shame saying I did the foundation papers for German GCSE and accept for a fact that I would have failed the higher. I am predicted 5A's, 4B's and 1C not the best but at least I am not like you who goes on the internet and decides to belittle foundation students.

It depends what you believe though doesn't it. Some people don't believe in natural ability, they believe all their success comes from hard work, the people that think this think that people who don't do well simply haven't worked hard enough. From personal experience at my school, this could well be true.
+ you're just feeding a troll you know,what's the point?
Original post by Stevethattallguy
Hey, you shut yourself up peasant. We are all different on this world, and a single test isn't designed to fit everyone's needs or styles by any means. I am proud to know my friends and people for being honest, and if Breesey didn't think he did well, I'm proud of his honesty.... Do you think you would like to have such an idiotic, selfish and hurtful comment said to you if you were doing another paper? Answer. NO!

You need to grow up, learn some actual respect and not be harsh to anyone, let alone people you don't know!!

And the answer to your question Breesey: Don't panic, just relax. The exam is over, and there is nothing you can do about it... It's okay to worry, it shows you care! But its time to relax and not to worry about if you did well or not, it doesn't construct your future. Focus on whats important, you can always have another go in the future!

-Steven :smile:

Haha Steven you just made me laugh:biggrin:
Reply 84
i did foundation and proud :smile: i am also a mature student who is re taking. all i need is a c to be able to go to uni. there for that is all i care about. later on in life when you have grown a pair you will realise this. seriously though does anyone have the mark scheme because im guessing this is what the forum is for
Original post by Ano123
It depends what you believe though doesn't it. Some people don't believe in natural ability, they believe all their success comes from hard work, the people that think this think that people who don't do well simply haven't worked hard enough. From personal experience at my school, this could well be true.
+ you're just feeding a troll you know,what's the point?

I agree people who don't work hard fail in life while those who work achieve what they deserve. I do know some people though who have worked very hard and still not been able to even achieve a C.
No I go to a school where everyone tries to do well

No you go to school where mummy and daddy can pay for you, does it make you feel good to put others down? I have friends that are not as academically capable, and they get on just fine doing other things, not everyone likes or can be good at academics
Everyone should be made to do the higher paper; the foundation is for lazy f**ks

Are you stupid
I actually wish I did foundation because I'm pretty sure I've failed. Atleast with foundation I had a chance.
Original post by Matilda612
Are you stupid
I actually wish I did foundation because I'm pretty sure I've failed. Atleast with foundation I had a chance.

*cocky voice* No he is not stupid, you see he is predicted 11A*s *snort*
Original post by (1)Quantum
No you go to school where mummy and daddy can pay for you, does it make you feel good to put others down? I have friends that are not as academically capable, and they get on just fine doing other things, not everyone likes or can be good at academics

My mum (don't have a dad) hasn't paid for anything. Instead I've worked my arse off to achieve these grades as well as learning English and having a job. Don't be so ignorant as to guess my background. I just believe everyone has the potential to do we'll if they just try so the foundation papers should be scrapped
Original post by (1)Quantum
*cocky voice* No he is not stupid, you see he is predicted 11A*s *snort*

Oh and what have you done in life?
Go **** your self pal. I have mates that do foundation and they are the nicest guys in the world, i would rather fail my GCSEs than to have a attitude like yours.I wish some foundation student finds you and shoves a rusty pole up your arse, a ****
I'm a Scottish Student and repeated National 5 Maths (the equivalent to GCSE Higher tier maths as you call it) twice. I just couldnt grasp it at all and I really struggle with Maths and dislike it which is why I suppose its my fault for losing motivation and not bothering to revise properly for the exam. However, This year I have worked exceedingly hard at the retake and got C in the mock which I am extremely proud of. Along with that I am just starting my Advanced Highers (the equivalent to A2 i suppose, not sure) and have done extremely well on my other subjects at Scottish Higher level (AS i think) in English, Biology, Geography, and Physics. For my National 5's I got AAAAABF (fail in Maths)

As you can see, that doesnt make me retarded. Im pretty academically able. I just find maths difficult more than the average person and I think you need to accept that some people have weaknesses and Im sure you have too, youre just not mentioning any (and just because you go to a grammar school doesnt make you clever haha). I have never met such an ignorant, disgraceful, and arrogant person in my life. I hope you learn to respect others and stop being such a prick.

Edit: just because they have not done particularly well doesnt mean they should automatically seek jobs from Mcdonalds. They can easily do a retake and get into university that way. You're clearly clueless.
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you a fifty year old Russian?

wtf is wrong with you no i am not
Original post by Stevethattallguy
Hey, you shut yourself up peasant. We are all different on this world, and a single test isn't designed to fit everyone's needs or styles by any means. I am proud to know my friends and people for being honest, and if Breesey didn't think he did well, I'm proud of his honesty.... Do you think you would like to have such an idiotic, selfish and hurtful comment said to you if you were doing another paper? Answer. NO!

You need to grow up, learn some actual respect and not be harsh to anyone, let alone people you don't know!!

And the answer to your question Breesey: Don't panic, just relax. The exam is over, and there is nothing you can do about it... It's okay to worry, it shows you care! But its time to relax and not to worry about if you did well or not, it doesn't construct your future. Focus on whats important, you can always have another go in the future!

-Steven :smile:

Intelligence isn't just determined by A* grades. Some C grade students hold more sophisticated conversation than A* students that simply only know how to memorise text book pages.
Reply 95
My mum (don't have a dad) hasn't paid for anything. Instead I've worked my arse off to achieve these grades as well as learning English and having a job. Don't be so ignorant as to guess my background. I just believe everyone has the potential to do we'll if they just try so the foundation papers should be scrapped

oh boohoo. Get a life you moron, go study.
Original post by iamamarxist
wtf is wrong with you no i am not

mate just ignore him he just a ****

Some people cannot do well due to mental health problems, problems at home, or simply because they find it extremely difficult or challenging. Why cant you accept that? Biology for me might be easy and could be hard for you. Is that so hard to understand for you?
Original post by drogon
oh boohoo. Get a life you moron, go study.

I agree. That person should be studying for their exams rather than disrespecting everyone on TSR because they are unhappy with their life. Haha.
Reply 99
Original post by sameehaiqbal
I agree. That person should be studying for their exams rather than disrespecting everyone on TSR because they are unhappy with their life. Haha.

I doubt he's even a high achiever as he claims he is. Regular troll, the giveaway is his name really.

Any intelligent person would realise the necessity for the foundation paper and he hasnt. Pretty obvious he's an idiot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending