The Student Room Group

What is something that you will never ever reveal to your parents?

Scroll to see replies

Probably wouldn't tell them about my um..herb smoking habit :biggrin::u:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
No prob. It's understandable that you would be defensive if you just came out on a internet forum that can be hostile :tongue: :five: for bravery of not going annon
I was trying to present the option of still believing in God and being a Christian without having to suppress your bisexuality in order to do so. That option exists. Why not do both :dontknow:
I agree with your last paragraph. It's just, to me, it kind of seems like you are the one being hurt. :redface:

I tend to avoid discussing why I think God intended for us to engage in heterosexual relationships because people can (understandably) get offended and defensive when you say you think sexuality is another example of temptation etc, and I think if even sharing your opinion, however respectfully and gently, is going to hurt someone or cause them to resent God/the church then I don't think it's worth it. I struggle with it a lot - suppressing such an instinctive and inherent part of yourself is a big thing to ask but personally, I gave my whole life to God and he sacrificed a lot more by sending Jesus.

Hesitant to post even this because I know how easy it is for people to take it out of context or get defensive (like I did lmao) but at the end of the day it's what I believe and I've made my peace with it. Tbh I'd still call myself liberal because it's the only thing I believe that's controversial or conservative but whatever, everyone is free to think what they want haha.
I had a white non-muslim girlfriend for a while :/
Too many things to count. It would be easier to answer what I DO willingly reveal.
Original post by Anonymous
interesting? :redface: more like stressful lol :redface: i think part of my issues with being on edge all the time is im scared of things being found out so im constantly paranoid and on guard :redface:

Now yours sounds interesting and intriguing :tongue:
PM me and maybe I'll tell you mine :colone:
How much my mum truly did hurt me with some things she done in the past
I've just got to let it slide now and try and build on our current relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been a cam girl since I started uni
Original post by fatima1998
:rofl: homosexual :teehee:
depends if your parents are conservatives towards this :unsure:

I'm a girl :biggrin: But LOL my parents thing i'm a good girl who does not look at guys till marriage.
I don't jump on boys.:rofl: But I do have a lot of crushes :teehee:
^^^?

My ******* timetable
Original post by celloel
That I'm bisexual

Spoiler

Why accept your family when they wouldn't accept you?
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I'm a girl :biggrin: But LOL my parents thing i'm a good girl who does not look at guys till marriage.
I don't jump on boys.:rofl: But I do have a lot of crushes :teehee:

:lol: so girls can be homo too :giggle:
:lol: so girls can be homo too :giggle:

I know but LOL you thought i was a boy. Wanted to clarify that. :u:No homo here. So what do you say about my extreme crushes :curious:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I know but LOL you thought i was a boy. Wanted to clarify that. :u:No homo here. So what do you say about my extreme crushes :curious:

hey doe :lol: i thought you are a guy so thats why i said homo crushes :rofl:
Ok, I had to make this anonymous. My past.

I used too sext many guys not my fault they wanted me.
I was an online hoe not my fault they loved the way my body looked.
I was sexually assaulted.
I've had experiences with girls before, mainly blame the sexual assault.
etc.
These are so shameful for who I am irl hence the anonymity.
hey doe :lol: i thought you are a guy so thats why i said homo crushes :rofl:

I'm a girl. Do you think i should tell my parents that i have crushes on guys? Their Muslim. Sister :lol:
Ok, I had to make this anonymous. My past.

I used too sext many guys not my fault they wanted me.
I was an online hoe not my fault they loved the way my body looked.
I was sexually assaulted.
I've had experiences with girls before, mainly blame the sexual assault.
etc.
These are so shameful for who I am irl hence the anonymity.

Don't be upset the past is the past.

Try find a good man to clear your mind, :redface:
That I'm a Demon :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That I think they totally failed as parents and would've been better off aborting me...too deep? :tongue:

Spoiler

^^^?

That I am bisexual and my last relationship was a very negative and controlling
That I have gone through so much depression alone, that I have wanted to kill myslef so many times, that I am so so flawed, in ways they'll never know- because I've dealt with this all on my own and I'm ok with that. I've actually never told anyone about any of it, I think I just don't want to be defined or justified by it. I'm strong and I deal with things myself. Truthfully I'm happy now and I never want them to worry or think they've done something wrong or blame themselves because they are such wonderful people. In their eyes I am still that lovely little girl, and I think part of me not telling them how I've felt is that if they believe I'm still that girl, then I can too.

I'm making this anonymous, I guess for the same reason.
That I have gone through so much depression alone, that I have wanted to kill myslef so many times, that I am so so flawed, in ways they'll never know- because I've dealt with this all on my own and I'm ok with that. I've actually never told anyone about any of it, I think I just don't want to be defined or justified by it. I'm strong and I deal with things myself. Truthfully I'm happy now and I never want them to worry or think they've done something wrong or blame themselves because they are such wonderful people. In their eyes I am still that lovely little girl, and I think part of me not telling them how I've felt is that if they believe I'm still that girl, then I can too.

I'm making this anonymous, I guess for the same reason.

Thank you so much for sharing this! I have gone through a similar thing without my parents' knowledge and it's great to hear that you're much happier now. I too have overcome it and sometimes it feels so lonely knowing that not many people can relate...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending