The Student Room Group

Problem with the PGL loan online application (EU student)

I am an EU student and yesterday I applied for the new PGL loan.I submitted my online application with all the details
but
a message comes out saying that my application is submitted but not finished yet (incomplete).I'm at the point where I've completed my application and I see the following: "Next steps - Continue to your account where you'll find your to-do list, which will tell you what you need to do next." As soon as I click it just sends me back to the same message and previous page where my application is considered incomplete. Does anyone know why this happens?What shall I do?
Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by neokot5
I am an EU student and yesterday I applied for the new PGL loan.I submitted my online application with all the details
but
a message comes out saying that my application is submitted but not finished yet (incomplete).I'm at the point where I've completed my application and I see the following: "Next steps - Continue to your account where you'll find your to-do list, which will tell you what you need to do next." As soon as I click it just sends me back to the same message and previous page where my application is considered incomplete. Does anyone know why this happens?What shall I do?
Thanks in advance.

EU students apply using a paper form, not via the online system. The system probably won't let you complete the online application as you are not a UK student and shouldn't be using it.
Reply 2
Thanks for your answer.I called them this morning and they told me that i can apply online for the PGL loan...and I reapplied.And everything works fine for me now.
Reply 3
>EU students apply using a paper form, not via the online system. The system probably won't let you complete the online application as you are not a UK student and shouldn't be using it.

This is not correct. You can apply if you are a UK National, EU National, and various other residency types. Where did you get this information?

>Does anyone know why this happens?What shall I do?

The application launched a couple of days ago and there will be some teething problems. Have another look mid week next week. Bet you 500 points it is solved. Bet you.
Reply 4
I called them today again about the evidence and asked them again for confirmation and they told me that either you are a UK national or an EU national you are able to apply online for the PGL loan.EU nationals apply for postgraduate funding using paper form but for PGL loans they can apply online.Thanks savid for your answer.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
When I applied it gave me the same message, the reason it says you're not finished is because you have to print and sign a declaration to post to them before you can physically receive the money. It will not stop them from processing and approving the loan though, just you getting the money.
Well, My to-do list was expandable, so I had to click on a little arrow to see what to do. I had to send them signed declaration form and evidence(ID etc.). On the list - it wrote that they will contact me first to request further info, but I did not get any letters from them. After 3 weeks of no response I called them up to check progress of application, to be told they are waiting for evidence to be sent to them to confirm loan. Once I sent everything from to-do list - I had had my loan granted within a week. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending