The Student Room Group

Get your personal statement reviewed by a TSR PS reviewer before you submit

Scroll to see replies

Original post by james27227
How do I find the review once it’s been done, I’ve already done mine but I forgot where I can find the review

Should be visible here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1380
Heard that personal statement format is changing next year.
Are there any suggestions regarding the new format.
Original post by drvramachandran
Heard that personal statement format is changing next year.
Are there any suggestions regarding the new format.

No, because we don't know yet either :rofl3:
Reply 263
Hi Everyone! I´ve read in the instructions you´re not able to help with postgrad PS, but just to check it out: could you not help even if the postgrad course being in Management like Supply Chain?

thanks!
Original post by emisson
Hi Everyone! I´ve read in the instructions you´re not able to help with postgrad PS, but just to check it out: could you not help even if the postgrad course being in Management like Supply Chain?

thanks!

Unfortunately no.
Universities are looking for different things in a PG PS, the application process is different, we wouldn't be helping you very much and our service is extremely busy.
Sorry I don't have the answer you're looking for.

MR
Original post by emisson

thanks!

Hiya, I work in postgrad admissions (and read a lot of PS's!) but am not part of the PS review service on TSR. If you have any general questions you can post them here and I can try to answer. But please don't post any part of your PS as this is a public section.
if only i knew about this before i submitted my application :biggrin:!
Hi, I just wondered how long you would be closed for over Christmas? Is it longer than 10 days wait at the moment, because there might be more people trying to upload their personal statements before Christmas?

Also, is it always best to write in the first few lines an overview of what you understand your subject to be about (eg I’m applying for computer science degrees and AI degrees- so would need to write what I understand computer science is and AI is?). I have just written specifically about a particular area of biological research and how machine learning is used within that, and why I specifically want to go into that area.

Thank you! 😊
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Haribo22
Hi, I just wondered how long you would be closed for over Christmas? Is it longer than 10 days wait at the moment, because there might be more people trying to upload their personal statements before Christmas?

Also, is it always best to write in the first few lines an overview of what you understand your subject to be about (eg I’m applying for computer science degrees and AI degrees- so would need to write what I understand computer science is and AI is?). I have just written specifically about a particular area of biological research and how machine learning is used within that, and why I specifically want to go into that area.

Thank you! 😊

Hello, it's 10 working days. Not 10 days full stop.

Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th are not considered working days, nor is 1st January. So for the purpose of clarity...
Submit today, guaranteed by Monday 8th Jan
Submit tomorrow, guaranteed by Tuesday 9th January
and so on.

Your other question I must answer later, please quote this post to remind me.
Original post by 04MR17
Hello, it's 10 working days. Not 10 days full stop.

Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th are not considered working days, nor is 1st January. So for the purpose of clarity...
Submit today, guaranteed by Monday 8th Jan
Submit tomorrow, guaranteed by Tuesday 9th January
and so on.

Your other question I must answer later, please quote this post to remind me.

Thank you so much for getting back with that information.

I’m quoting your post, thank you, whenever you have time that would be much appreciated.
Original post by Haribo22

Thank you! 😊

There's no need to explain the meaning/definition of a subject, it needs to be about you and your enthusiasm:smile:
Original post by 04MR17
There's no need to explain the meaning/definition of a subject, it needs to be about you and your enthusiasm:smile:

Thank you, that is a relief!
:fyi: Final day to guarantee a review of your personal statement before the 31st January deadline is Wednesday 17th :fyi:
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by 04MR17
:fyi: Final day to guarantee a review of your personal statement before the 31st January deadline is Wednesday 17th :fyi:

No chance for an extra? Unfortunately I’ve only just found this forum
Original post by Adam2206lunat
No chance for an extra? Unfortunately I’ve only just found this forum

You can try, and you'll be added to the back of the queue, but we may not get to you in time.
Just posting to say that this thread has been nominated for Most Helpful thread of the year 2023 in the TSR community awards.
You can vote for this award here >>
And you can find more awards this year by clicking here >>

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending