The Student Room Group

Get your personal statement reviewed by a TSR PS reviewer before you submit

Scroll to see replies

Is this service open for this year? If so, how would I go about submitting my PS?
Thanks
@She-Ra @alleycat393 @usycool1 ^

Thanks for this great service :smile:

Since it's August and the summer break, if we wanted to submit a draft now, could we do so? I know it says on the first page that you should only submit one and that should be your final one but the cycle is not busy yet as it's not Dec/Jan?
Original post by Lemuelc14
Is this service open for this year? If so, how would I go about submitting my PS?
Thanks

Yes it is - you need to post here (also see info below next quote)

Original post by sulaimanali
@She-Ra @alleycat393 @usycool1 ^

Thanks for this great service :smile:

Since it's August and the summer break, if we wanted to submit a draft now, could we do so? I know it says on the first page that you should only submit one and that should be your final one but the cycle is not busy yet as it's not Dec/Jan?

You can submit a draft, but it needs to be a final draft, as we can only guarantee one review, so it needs to be as finished as possible.
Out of curiosity, is this service free again?
Original post by Palmyra
Out of curiosity, is this service free again?

It is yes but it's a member benefit so people with more than 100 post get priority.
Does this service get super busy in late September/early October? This is my college deadline for the application and wanted to check how early I should be posting a final draft in the forum :smile:
Original post by StevetheIcecube
Does this service get super busy in late September/early October? This is my college deadline for the application and wanted to check how early I should be posting a final draft in the forum :smile:

I imagine the PS service is at its busiest in early October (the pre-Oxbridge deadline rush), to be safe you should allow 2 weeks for it to be read and reviewed, and to give yourself time to make any changes. Aim for mid-September (that will give you long enough to write a properly drafted personal statement).
Reply 67
Hi,
I understand that you can only submit one draft but my PS is around 5000 characters and the help I specifically need is cutting it down, rather than my content. Would it still be okay to submit or do I have to try and cut it down myself before submitting?
Original post by Tiaa123
Hi,
I understand that you can only submit one draft but my PS is around 5000 characters and the help I specifically need is cutting it down, rather than my content. Would it still be okay to submit or do I have to try and cut it down myself before submitting?

Try to cut it down to within +/- 10%. There are plenty of resources to help you on the wiki.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/personal-statements/writing-your-personal-statement

If you dig around, there are subject specific articles as well.
Original post by alleycat393
It is yes but it's a member benefit so people with more than 100 post get priority.

Does this mean you cannot request for your Personal Statement to be seen if you haven't made 100 posts?
Original post by bkalejaiye
Does this mean you cannot request for your Personal Statement to be seen if you haven't made 100 posts?

You can but you may be waiting longer. The minimum wait is 5 working days.
Original post by alleycat393
You can but you may be waiting longer. The minimum wait is 5 working days.

Could I submit mine now?
Original post by bkalejaiye
Could I submit mine now?

If you have your final draft that's under 4000 characters yes.
I have submitted my own personal statement. Hopefully can reviewed as soon as possible
Should I put anything in the title/post saying about where I'm applying, the course I'm applying to, etc?
Original post by StevetheIcecube
Should I put anything in the title/post saying about where I'm applying, the course I'm applying to, etc?

You need to let us know where you are applying yes
Original post by quasa
How would I get my statement reviewed on TSR (and how long does it take... on a deadline for friday as I annoyingly working the weekend - ideally I need someone to check grammar (also I am 2 lines and 279 characters over limit:s-smilie:)

You have over the 100 post threshold and are a regular contributor to the site so you would be fast-tracked to the top of the queue :smile:

If it's for medicine or similar you need to submit it today - but please try to get the character limit down further as we can't do that for you. It needs to be your final draft.

Hope this helps :h:
Original post by krisztato
Hello! Is this still available?

I hope so! I need mine checked too. 😁
Reply 78
Original post by krisztato
Hello! Is this still available?

Yes, it is. But it's a TSR member benefit, so people with more than 100 posts get priority
Reply 79
Where to submit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending