The Student Room Group

She's a lesbian.. can I make her go straight?

This girl is incredible and everything I ever could dream of..

There is one problem and that is she is 'out' as a lesbian and her last relationship was with a woman.

Knowing this how should I ask her out whilst respecting who she is?
You could explain your feelings but can't change her sexuality
Original post by Anonymous

There is one problem and that is she is 'out' as a lesbian and her last relationship was with a woman.

You can't 'make someone go straight'. If she is a lesbian, she is a lesbian. There is a chance she could be bisexual, but if she considers herself a lesbian then you should accept that and stick to just being her friend.
I've seen a lot of hardcore real lesbians end up with a guy so.....
Reply 4
Original post by xobeauty
I've seen a lot of hardcore real lesbians end up with a guy so.....

this can happen for a number of reasons:

Internalised homophobia causing them to force heterosexuality upon themselves;

They may have been forced to 're-closet' due to not being accepted by friends, family, and wider society (even the lgbtq+ community occasionally push each other out) ;

Everyone has the right to explore their sexuality, and in such a hetero-normative society, it's no wonder people do not always start out dating the people they end up with later on;

They may be bisexual, pansexual etc. - living in a world that is only just accepting male homosexuality theres not much education for anyone to understand their sexuality beyond 'gay', 'straight' and maybe 'bi', imagine if the world only accepted British as a nationality, and never discussed the wide range of others - we wouldn't know that French, Chinese, etc. existed to be able to say that was what we were....

Or they may simply have felt lesbianism was not for them...

Sexuality is not a choice, and we have to let each other discover ourselves, and take direction from each individual on how they identify...
Yes you can, relatively easily
Only if she isn't a lesbian in the first place. I know a true lesbian couple who would never, ever, go for a man. Then I know others who've identified as lesbians only to end up with men.

You could try and be flirtatious and see if anything sparks. But if you're gonna just ask her out given that she's told you she's a career carpet snorkeler, then expect to be told to jog on.
Can I make you go gay?
Oh yeah, just send her to one of those gay camps. She'll be straight in no time :rolleyes:
Reply 9

Its dead easy, I bet a guy can make you gay in an instant as well.

I once did this, only to first base though. God bless her.
Try it OP, she might realise she wasn't really lesbian after all. You've got nothing to lose.
you can tell her you have feelings for her... sexuality is on a spectrum so it's not 100% lesbian or 100% straight, some people are 50/50, some are 75/25, some would call themselves straight but once in a blue moon are attracted to someone of the same sex... so it's possible that she might want a relationship with you however you can't change her sexuality so if she has no attraction at all to guys then that's how it is, you're gonna have to accept it

Yes theres a possibility! although it would be harder if shes the stud in the lesbian relationship, but if you show her all the righ tthings it could happen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending