The Student Room Group

Are you career focussed or not really?

If so why?

If not why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a strong independent ambitious woman, of course I'm career focussed
Reply 2
I am more career focused now, before I wasn't because I wasn't sure what career I wanted to do but now I'm trying hard to get to my career of choice.
Very career focussed, have been since I was 13-14.

And because, I want to know what my options are in life, I've always dreamt big and will continue to do that but along the way taking any steps possible to reach my dreams is how I see my career.

Put a lot of effort into researching, learning, analysing career options over the past 3-4 yrs that I'm now in a position to see somewhat of a path to take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Compton Menace
If so why?

If not why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this is an old thread, but I don't really see myself as career focused. I'm 18 years old and I still don't really know what I want to do. There is no career that I'm 'passionate' about and there hasn't ever been, really.

The only thing I have ever been passionate about is having children, and also as of late, travelling. Obviously, I will have to get a career in order to make money and I don't want to work in retail all my life, but I'm not too fussed about being a 'career woman'. It seems very depressing to me, just being someone's employee. I would rather have my own business; at least then, I wouldn't feel completely mediocre.
I am but then again I love the lifestyle that comes with my work
drinking champagne, smoking cigars and being chauffeured around in my Mercedes delivering top quality products to my clients
not to mention how much I want before I retire like jet skis, cars and a helicopter as well as watches and jewellery and to build a good nest egg
Original post by Compton Menace
If so why?

If not why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I come from a working class family background so yes I'm extremely career focused and I now work in recruitment. Unlike most graduates I am not extremely picky about where I want to work because bills and a mortgage do not pay for themselves! :no:
Being an independent adult is not as easy as it looks but it is what it is and you have to learn how to cope with it all somehow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending