The Student Room Group

Failed Second year, what next

Hi everyone, I study pharmacy at LJMU and I'm in my second year. This year I failed one of my chemistry exams so had a resit exam in the summer and somehow I got the date wrong and turned up a day late. I submitted an extenuating circumstances form and today I was informed it had been rejected with my situation being referred to another panel however I don't hold much faith that I will get to continue with my studies. I cannot resit the year as the course below me is set up in such a way that I cannot simply change to that course, neither can I transfer to anther school of pharmacy nearby so it looks like if I wish to continue my studies in higher education I will either have to sit my pharmacy degree again from scratch or start another, shorter, three year degree. The problem I have is I don't know what happens with student finance, does anyone have any information at all?
Hey there, I am from LJMU as well, I think they have an extra resit on September or October due to the changes on our course, maybe worthy to confirm it with your personal tutor or year tutor? However I think you only have 2 chances to do MC in 2nd year if that is what you failed...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending