The Student Room Group

**URGENT*** Help me pick my law school! (RUSSELL GROUP)

Next year I will be applying to Law school within the United Kingdom. Currently, I am an undergraduate student in Canada studying at a leading 2nd tier university (that being said, alums have gone on to IVY league schools, etc).

C.V/G.P.A as follows:

My current C.G.P.A is a 3.75 in Honours Political Science w/ Legal Studies, International Policy, and Co-op Options. My G.P.A is the equivalent to a First Class Honours Degree (Fullbright Commission standards). When studying for LNAT in a professional setting, I have been getting constant 30-34. I also have work experience on Bay Street (Toronto's financial district) working for a prestigious American mutual-fund company as well as being the Vice President of my university's Law Society.

As a duel-national, my goal is to move back to the U.K to study law and eventually become a solicitor at a Magic Circle or American International firm. As I will be 22 once I complete my undergraduate studies (I will be applying to UK in 2017), I am looking for an accelerated two year graduate QLD program--the faster, the better.

Some of these accelerated qualifying 2 year graduate LLB programs are as follows:

Oxford
Cambridge
Bristol
Nottingham
Edinburgh
Birmingham
Exeter
York
Queen Mary
Leeds
City University, London
Liverpool
Sheffield
SOAS
Leicester
Sussex
Kent

What programs do you think I will have most difficulty getting into? Which universities have the best reputation in terms of job opportunities? Are there particular programs (a top 5) that you could name for me?

I thank everyone in advance for their responses!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending