The Student Room Group

Who has got a UCAS reference from National Extension College?

Anybody? Where you be able to see the reference?
Hi, are you studying with them and applying to university? If so, how did it go? I am also wondering about it
Original post by moon4
Anybody? Where you be able to see the reference?

Hi My name is Jo Phillippo, I am a course advisor at the National Extension College. If you are a student with the NEC, then your tutor can provide an estimated grade for your UCAS application once you have completed a minimum of 5 assignments. I hope this is of help.
Reply 3
Original post by National Extension College
Hi My name is Jo Phillippo, I am a course advisor at the National Extension College. If you are a student with the NEC, then your tutor can provide an estimated grade for your UCAS application once you have completed a minimum of 5 assignments. I hope this is of help.

If I started an igcse court next week, how long do you think it would take to complete 5 assignments? The university I want to go to says they would accept a reference for a level 2 qualification?
Original post by moon4
If I started an igcse court next week, how long do you think it would take to complete 5 assignments? The university I want to go to says they would accept a reference for a level 2 qualification?

You can study at your own pace, so it would be up to you how quickly you worked through the assignments, depending on how much free time you have to spend studying. We say for an IGCSE course you should be allowing approximately 9 hours of study a week, plus additional time to complete your assignments if you enrol at this time and want to sit the exam next summer. You would need to enrol by the beginning of December to have any chance realistically of sitting the exam in summer, any later and we would recommend that you be looking to sit the exam in summer 2018
Reply 5
Original post by National Extension College
You can study at your own pace, so it would be up to you how quickly you worked through the assignments, depending on how much free time you have to spend studying. We say for an IGCSE course you should be allowing approximately 9 hours of study a week, plus additional time to complete your assignments if you enrol at this time and want to sit the exam next summer. You would need to enrol by the beginning of December to have any chance realistically of sitting the exam in summer, any later and we would recommend that you be looking to sit the exam in summer 2018

Ok, but how long on average does it take to complete an assignment? I think when I contacted NEC before, they said it was 2 hours. Is that accurate?
Original post by moon4
Ok, but how long on average does it take to complete an assignment? I think when I contacted NEC before, they said it was 2 hours. Is that accurate?

Every Student is different and every course. One may take twice as much time as another, so I'm not able to give you an answer to this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending