The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachel_kirtley
Created a facebook group for Diagnostic Radiography 2017. Feel free to join this. Another way for us to help each other through application process!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1070539349738643/

Just requested to join; I'm Kyle on facebook :smile:
Reply 181
Original post by ViewOnlyMum
Teesside send you the forms to complete if they invite you for interview.

Leeds ask you about work experience at interview and ask you to complete forms about what you learnt there.

Bradford ask you about it at interview

Cumbria send you forms to complete

Salford send you forms to complete

Or they all did for 2015 entry.

Hi,

Really appreciate if you have any tips or know more about the Bradford interview, I have one soon!
many thanks,

Nosha
Reply 182
Original post by eclayton
I've applied for Diagnostic Radiography at Sheffield Hallam, Leeds, Salford, Bradford and Birmingham. Hallam is my main choice, I have received an interview for any yet but I only applied last week, I have some experience working at Scunthorpe General hospital and I've had care experience with my mum suffering from cancer.

hi ,
just wondering if you heard from Bradford or had the interview? I have one soon and somewhat nervous, keen to know what it entails!

All the best,

Nosha
Heyy guys,

Anyone at BCU or had an interview there?
What is the written assessed radiography activity about? Could really use some help!
Anything about the interview day itself would be great
(edited 7 years ago)
Received an unconditional offer from UWE today!! Over the moon!!
1st year student at Derby here, done interviews @Bradford and Derby. Any questions am happy to help, was in the same situation last year, l know how it feels. Might be busy later on due to placement, from next week. For me/most pple, first right step was/is getting here shows how much you want this. Goodluck every one
Original post by chrismzw
1st year student at Derby here, done interviews @Bradford and Derby. Any questions am happy to help, was in the same situation last year, l know how it feels. Might be busy later on due to placement, from next week. For me/most pple, first right step was/is getting here shows how much you want this. Goodluck every one

I have an upcoming interview at Bradford and I wanted to know the kind of questions asked. Is there anything vital I need to be informed on before going?
and how are you faring in Derby.
Reply 187
Original post by Radiographer1895
Received an unconditional offer from UWE today!! Over the moon!!

Congratulations!

Did you have all your grades before?
Original post by chizaramalum
I have an upcoming interview at Bradford and I wanted to know the kind of questions asked. Is there anything vital I need to be informed on before going?
and how are you faring in Derby.

You sign in with the receptionist as soon as your arrive, then you chill till you all are called in for an hour talk plus registration with the program leader (not being assessed at this point). At mine, we were then split into 6 groups of 5 after the chat. The interview was in 3 parts as mentioned above. My group did a group task/activity first, then we had MMI style interview of about 5 stations e.g @one station l was asked what l would do if l was to come across a kid (5 year old) lost or separated from parent/s in a shopping mall? Last part of the interview was a short essay writing (about 200-250 words on a given topic) and a few easy maths calculations really and that was it. Am loving it at Derby tbh, just done our Jan exams and now going on placement, good support system, the stuff are so friendly and so helpful.

Good Luck, just be yourself and enjoy it.
Just wondering, has anyone heard back from Leeds who has already had an interview? Hope the process is going okay for everyone. Leeds is the uni i really want to study at, is anyone else the same?
Reply 190
Original post by lizzieharri
Just wondering, has anyone heard back from Leeds who has already had an interview? Hope the process is going okay for everyone. Leeds is the uni i really want to study at, is anyone else the same?

Leeds don't give offers back until April, after they've interviewed everyone. If you were rejected they would have sent you an email a week after your interview saying this, so don't worry if you haven't heard from them it's normal.
Original post by lizzieharri

I got an offer from Leeds. Had my interview in December. I was surprised to hear back as they said we wouldn't hear until April once everyone has had their interviews. I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck x
Original post by Mrs X
Congratulations!

Did you have all your grades before?

Thank you! Yes I am on a second gap year 😂😂
Reply 193
Has anyone else applied to BCU/Keele/Portsmouth/Leeds for radiography? What kind of questions do they ask at the interview at each station? And are the group tasks physical or do you have to just say something based on a situation?
Also, how much do they ask about your personal statement and work experience.....do we need the clinical visit forms with us?
Questions aimed for people who have qualified or are doing the degree now, what sort of questions did they ask in your interview?
Hoping to get in to Birmingham City University :smile:
Original post by s2017
Has anyone else applied to BCU/Keele/Portsmouth/Leeds for radiography? What kind of questions do they ask at the interview at each station? And are the group tasks physical or do you have to just say something based on a situation?
Also, how much do they ask about your personal statement and work experience.....do we need the clinical visit forms with us?

I've applied for BCU :smile:
Anyone had an interview at Portsmouth? What are they like?
Original post by Nosha
Hi,

Really appreciate if you have any tips or know more about the Bradford interview, I have one soon!
many thanks,

Nosha

Sorry for late response. My child did this 2 years ago now. It was a multi modal interview I think they call it where you had to have a 5 minute (like speed dating) interview with perhaps 8 different people such as a lecturer, a service user, a radiographer, a radiography student etc There was also a maths and English test. GCSE type maths and the English was a comprehension test where you had to describe the room you were sitting in.

They got an offer about a week later, despite Bradford saying you wouldn't hear until March, now a 2nd year at Leeds.
Original post by mxrgsss
Leeds don't give offers back until April, after they've interviewed everyone. If you were rejected they would have sent you an email a week after your interview saying this, so don't worry if you haven't heard from them it's normal.

Not true, in our experience most Uni's say this as borderline cases may not get a clear decision until all interviews have been conducted. My child got an offer two week after interview for Leeds so heard before Christmas. They are now a second year student at Leeds and not much has changed.
Reply 199
Has anybody applied to Cardiff? I attended an interview the week before Xmas :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest