I think I met you at Cumbria.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we did!
Are you to commuting Salford?
Original post by maryampatel2
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we did!
Are you to commuting Salford?

Yeah am gonna get he train from.Wigan.
Original post by mxrgsss
I applied to Liverpool and have been accepted, and my course if full I think for this year. It's an amazing university and city and the reason I picked them is because all their placements are within travel distance, so you will never have to pay for dual accommodation like you do at so many other universities. They also have their own x ray machine and ct scanner and their teaching styles seem very effective. Also if you struggle money wise, Liverpool offer a bursary of up to £2000 a year based on your household income which I'm unfortunately in great need of. If you are considering Liverpool go to an open day and get a real feel for it because as soon as I visited the uni I knew it was for me.

Thanks! Since im an international applicant, going through foundation is mandatory for me. If all goes well in passing it, im confirmed as part of sept '18 batch. I guess you're my senior now! XD Glad to have heard from you. Maybe we will see each other in Jan when my class starts :smile:

Do you have the complete module list? The site doesn't seem to have it. Where are the other placement places?

Finances will def be quite tight since my fees are high. Very high.
Hi everyone!
I'm applying for Diagnostic Radiography entry 2018 and I wanted to know if you have to complete the clinical visit work experience form?
I completed my work experience in Radiography back in June and I emailed the woman to complete mine but she still hasn't replied up to now.
Original post by Mrs X
I have a place in Bradford!

created a group on facebook! feel free to join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/108821126514678/

:happy2:
Reply 446
Just wanted to know what books people are planning to buy. I know for definite I'm getting the bones and joints boom by Chris gunn but Idkeep whether to get the new edition coming out in October
Original post by feybox
Just wanted to know what books people are planning to buy. I know for definite I'm getting the bones and joints boom by Chris gunn but Idkeep whether to get the new edition coming out in October

In all honesty, I found Bones and Joints to have horribly overexposed images, they were all burnt out, (likely they were digitised plain film) can be useful for learning anatomy though, but I didn't use it much as a student. Still moderately useful, but if I had to go for the books I used mos, it would be the Clark's positioning pocketbook, and Nigel Raby's accident and emergency radiology.
Reply 448
Original post by Mjr_issues
In all honesty, I found Bones and Joints to have horribly overexposed images, they were all burnt out, (likely they were digitised plain film) can be useful for learning anatomy though, but I didn't use it much as a student. Still moderately useful, but if I had to go for the books I used mos, it would be the Clark's positioning pocketbook, and Nigel Raby's accident and emergency radiology.

Thank you for that, btw have you completed the course and did you use these books a lot in first year or throughout
Original post by feybox
Thank you for that, btw have you completed the course and did you use these books a lot in first year or throughout

Yep, I have finished the course and am now working as a diagnostic radiographer.

I used the Clark's positioning handbook mostly in first year, to learn positioning, and used it a little bit in second year. Used it in third year a tiny bit for facial bones and such.

Accident and Emergency Radiology was useful throughout, but mostly in second and third year.

Check your uni library for the books and read them through before buying, unless you really like owning books (like me), it is often possible to borrow them for most of the year.
Original post by gman2017
Hi there ive applied to Exeter, city univerity, st george, leeds and hertsfordshire. Was just wandering what A levels you took and what did you achieve. Also how long did it take for the unis to reply

Would you say there is a lot of diversity in terms of ethnicities etc?
Reply 451
How did you find a course guys? A few people from my group have already dropped the course. Few because their placement quiet far, others because maths and physics are complicated
Reply 452
Original post by Mrs X
How did you find a course guys? A few people from my group have already dropped the course. Few because their placement quiet far, others because maths and physics are complicated

That's pretty poor. The maths/physics are not all that complicated and they would know the placement sites before starting. A real shame.
Original post by FXX
That's pretty poor. The maths/physics are not all that complicated and they would know the placement sites before starting. A real shame.

I mean I understand people getting a bit dicey around MR, as the physics there descends slightly into what I would describe as "****ery", but all the other physics? It's pretty basic stuff.
can someone help me ...its to do with radiography course..pls
Reply 455
Original post by Yasmeenhoney
can someone help me ...its to do with radiography course..pls

What exactly?
You have to mention in you right personal statement that you're due to do a clinical visit in a radiology department and what you hope to gain from it
I’m my first year at Salford after doing an access course last year. Absolutely love it. The personal statement is the easy bit the harder bit is the interview. Just make sure you paid attention on your clinical visit day. I talked about justification and other important things I saw Radiographers doing talking about radiation protection patient care dealing with sensitive complicated issues etc and I got offered a place so as long as you relate how your previous skills will make you a good radiographer then you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest