The Student Room Group

Can I cancel my student finance before the course starts?

So suppose that I apply to student finance then I realise that I ineherited some money. Can I like you know cancel student finance at that moment and pay by cash from my own pocket directly?

In my ucas application for the fee code I put 02/Student finance...

And I can't change that once my apllication has been sent off..so will I have to contact my uni privately and let them know that I am paying from my own pocket and will they mind?
It depends. If you've not received any sum of money from student finance, then you can cancel it by ringing them up probably.
Reply 2
Original post by Kraixo
So suppose that I apply to student finance then I realise that I ineherited some money. Can I like you know cancel student finance at that moment and pay by cash from my own pocket directly?

And I can't change that once my apllication has been sent off..so will I have to contact my uni privately and let them know that I am paying from my own pocket and will they mind?

Whatever you put on UCAS never seems to matter. The Uni you end up going to asks you again anyway.
Original post by IWMTom
Whatever you put on UCAS never seems to matter. The Uni you end up going to asks you again anyway.

Thanks man.
Reply 4
Original post by Kraixo

As above, phone SF and your application will be cancelled. The uni will then bill you direct for your tuition fees and tell you how to pay them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending