The Student Room Group

Acc+finance At Lancaster What Else???

going to choose lancasters ernst+young accounting auditing and finance as my first choice but what other universities should i choose for accounting and finance degree. so far ive short listed manchester, loughborough, leeds, nottingham, durham. which 4 of the 5 does everyone think i should pick and if none of these which other ones and has anyone got any opinions on aston?

i got aab at AS in Business studies, accounting + ICT and hoping to get predicted AAA but my gcse's aren't too good.
Reply 1
what are your gcse's like? to be honest GCSEs aren't very important when it comes to accounting. As long as you got an A for maths, and a B for eng lang you should be fine (since accounting isn't very competitive).

I think you should choose... manchester, loughborough, nottingham and durham. Leeds is very good but for some reason loughborough is higher up int he rankings both for overall and accounting. Loughborough's reputation is probably slightly better too.
Reply 2
yeah im going to be retaking my gcse maths this year for some reason i didnt manage to get an a or b in school but ive only got a c at english. i did email lancaster and told them and they said that providing i retook my maths there was still a chance id get an offer with a C in english.
Reply 3
Yeh, seems like you've done really well with your aab :biggrin:.. good luck with the offer
Reply 4
cheers. i cant beleive you done 4 a levels and still got straight A's. ive got friends doing physics, maths, chemistry and computing and they all said that they were really hard. well done to you too lol

Latest

Trending

Trending