The Student Room Group

TSR goes Travelling: Travelling tips and guides links!

Hello fellow travel lovers! :wavey: :train2:

We are creating lots of fresh travelling tips and guide threads, I'll be adding the links to them in here, so keep an eye out! :captain:

Would you like to take part in creating tips and guide threads? Which areas of travelling would you like tips on? Post below! :biggrin:

- How to book and catch a train
- Planning a holiday: things to think about
- Travel insurance and EHIC cards
- How to book a hotel
- Travelling with a disability
- The best and worst airline and holiday companies
- Currency
(edited 5 years ago)
A section of flights! I never know how early to arrive at an airport! :confused: Also when you have a connecting flight
Original post by Heptapus
A section of flights! I never know how early to arrive at an airport! :confused: Also when you have a connecting flight

Very good point! We have a thread on flights and airports being drafted up! I'm quite good at catching flights now but I've never had to get a connecting flight, I think I would find that extremely stressful, so we'll make sure that's in there - thank you! :smile:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Very good point! We have a thread on flights and airports being drafted up! I'm quite good at catching flights now but I've never had to get a connecting flight, I think I would find that extremely stressful, so we'll make sure that's in there - thank you! :smile:

From my experience of a connecting flight (ours was 8 hours) we were given a food voucher (from emirates) but another couple who were travelling with us were going elsewhere with just a 1 hour layover and our original flight was delayed so they had people waiting for them when we arrived in Dubai who then rushed them over to the next flight - I believe they made the flight in the end.!
Oooh and you should also have a section on solo travel :smile:
Oooh and you should also have a section on solo travel :smile:

I hope this is of help :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1755227
I've never done the connecting flights either. Or travelling on public transport in other countries (apart from RER in France) that isn't a bus.
Hey guys,

Great thread! I'm Indian and I travelled to the UK earlier this year to do some solo travelling during my gap year. It was a fantastic experience and I've started writing a blog on the same to help others and share my thoughts. I'd be really grateful if you could check it out and leave some feedback:
http://nvdiaries.weebly.com/travel-diary

Cheers :smile:
Original post by Tiger Rag
I've never done the connecting flights either. Or travelling on public transport in other countries (apart from RER in France) that isn't a bus.

I did a connecting flight from England to Malaysia in which we got three planes there (so we changed plane twice) it was really easy and simple if you plan in advance!
Reply 9
Hey all! I plan to go on a 3 month trip around Europe after I finish my A-levels before uni.
These are the countries I plan on going to:
-France
-Spain
-Italy
-Switzerland
-Luxembourg
-Germany
-Belgium
-Czech Republic
-Austria
-Hungary
-Denmark

I will have around a £5500 budget by the time I finish.
I want to save as much as I can with travel. One flight in, one flight out, and other than that I plan on just using the bus.
I want to stay in Italy and France the longest as they are in my best interest. France a bit longer as I want to improve a bit on my French.
For accommodation I will mainly stay in hostels and coachsurf a lot as well.

The problem is, I just can't decide on a set itinerary. I want to take the most logical routes and save the most money.

I really would appreciate it if someone recommended me a route

Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 10
if you want to vlog your travels, I highly recommend the Zhiyun gimbal stabiliser. It's a banging price compared to others and you can just use your phone with it.

Hello fellow travel lovers! :wavey: :train2:

We are creating lots of fresh travelling tips and guide threads, I'll be adding the links to them in here, so keep an eye out! :captain:

Would you like to take part in creating tips and guide threads? Which areas of travelling would you like tips on? Post below! :biggrin:

- How to book and catch a train
- Planning a holiday: things to think about
- Travel insurance and EHIC cards
- How to book a hotel
- Travelling with a disability
- The best and worst airline and holiday companies
- Currency
@BurstingBubbles Is there a 2019 holiday thread? If not I'm happy to make on e :smile:
Original post by barror1
@BurstingBubbles Is there a 2019 holiday thread? If not I'm happy to make on e :smile:

Not that I know of, please do take a look and make one if not :smile:
Not that I know of, please do take a look and make one if not :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5878460&p=82573964#post82573964
All made up! Super annoyed I didn't capitalise the title properly though :s-smilie:
Original post by barror1
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5878460&p=82573964#post82573964
All made up! Super annoyed I didn't capitalise the title properly though :s-smilie:

Sorted it for you :smile:

You should go to the airport 2-3 hrs before!! They took so much time for check in and security check

Quick Reply

Latest