The Student Room Group

Foundation Degree > Post Grad

I'm currently half way through a two-year foundation degree at Newcastle college, and I'm planning on going to Northumbria to do a top-up year which will take me upto a bachelor of arts.

Basically my question is, has anyone done/know whether it's possible to go from doing a foundation degree+top-up onto a post graduate course, or do I not have a chance?

Someone told me that you have to apply two years in advance to get onto a PG course, if this is true would this also harm my chance of doing a post graduate?
yes very possible,

a top up degree = degree therefore possible to do a PG, as for applying 2 years. thats rubbish look around here. you can apply as late as a week before the start date (for highly undersubscribed courses)
Reply 2
^ what he said.
To qualify things further, I do not believe one is able to apply 2 years in advance. You must apply for the following year (even if you defer)
You have every chance if you have a degree. All you can do is apply, there's no harm in it, so do it!
Reply 5
CB - i replied to a post on the teaching forum about academic pay and suggested that you would be in a better position to talk about pay re: FE vs. HE.

ya know, you being the tsr resident academic 'n' all that jazz
The Boosh
CB - i replied to a post on the teaching forum about academic pay and suggested that you would be in a better position to talk about pay re: FE vs. HE.

ya know, you being the tsr resident academic 'n' all that jazz

I'm not the only one I think. There is a 'proper' academic in the law forums.

Latest

Trending

Trending