The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You could try talking to him - explain the situation and see if he'll predict you a B
Reply 2
I have. She's being a real ****. I don't know what to do really. I KNOW i can get a B or even a low A in Bio but he won't budge :frown:
Reply 3
if your predicted 2A and a C then that is kinda equal to an ABBs infact I would prefer to have AAC shows your really strong at more than 1 subject.
Reply 4
Can you not talk to the head of Sixth form or tutor? At my school they could change the grade if you felt you could achieve better than what the teacher predicted, good luck.
Reply 5
e-lover
I have. She's being a real ****. I don't know what to do really. I KNOW i can get a B or even a low A in Bio but he won't budge :frown:

Out of interest, was there any particular reason you got a C in biology last year? If they did look past your predicted grades and give you an offer, you'd still get an offer of a B for it at least. If you do end up with a C again, you could be in a bit of a sticky situation, to say the least
Reply 6
im actually in a similar position i am predicted ABB by teachers becuase my maths teacher is being harsh I told her I need to get an AAB for my course and they just are not budging.
Reply 7
Well if I beg and turn on the waterworks, she may turn that C into B/C. Would that be more favourable? Basically, I don't want the admin tutors to look at my predicted grades and think "hmm, does fit the ABB althought he has AAC, so throw the app down the bin"
Reply 8
What were your module grades?
Reply 9
they cant give half grades its got to be a B or a C if they gave you a B/C it will go down as a B on your ucas form
Reply 10
kirstinx
What were your module grades?

A C C. I messed up my practical as I'm colorblind and the school knew but forgot to guide me on that.
Reply 11
You got an A in 1 module so surely she will predict you a B? Go to your tutor or head of year and talk to them about it if she wont.
Reply 12
Keep pestering your teacher. I would also phone up the unis in particular to see what they say about considering you with AAC predictions.

:smile:
im in a very similar situation im applying for law and for AS lit i was 3 marks off an A so im trying to get my teacher to boost it up to an A
Reply 14
I was predicted AAB but I need AAA for some of the courses I really want to do especially English Literature at Durham! Do you think I will even be considered?!
lucasm
they cant give half grades its got to be a B or a C if they gave you a B/C it will go down as a B on your ucas form

That isn't true - the predicted grades box is a free text box, they can predict anyway they like so long as it fits below the 150 character limit.

Latest

Trending

Trending