The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I very rarely lurk in Loco's.

Also very rarely go to the Academy, depending what sort of event it is. I haven't been there for over a week now; I kinda think it's a bit boring here at Brunel.

At night I stay on-campus. So basically my social life is practically non-existant.

Hang out to chill? Hmm, I might go into Uxbridge town centre or just hang around the campus somewhere.

I've only bought food from Pronto's once since I been here, and it was nice food. I was fine the next morning - didn't spend the day on the toilet or anything LOL.

What is this Andy? A questionnaire? :s-smilie: :biggrin:
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
If nothing good is on, I go to Locos, normally at the pool table, get quite into that. Only been to the academy twice, perfer to go out to Kingston or one of the big events (going Batchwood tonight.) Once I settle in a bit more, gonna be at the gym instead of going out so much!
I go to Locos every now and then, I even sat in there on my own once. :redface: Never played pool though. TBH, i hate doing stuff like that when everyone is watching. I went to The Academy on the first night but not since (not that I remember anyway).

I bought my dinner in Prontos today, I had a Chicken pieces combo meal. Hwever, I am saddened that they do not seem to sell cheeseburgers. :frown:
Andy Pipkin
I go to Locos every now and then, I even sat in there on my own once. :redface: Never played pool though. TBH, i hate doing stuff like that when everyone is watching. I went to The Academy on the first night but not since (not that I remember anyway).

I bought my dinner in Prontos today, I had a Chicken pieces combo meal. Hwever, I am saddened that they do not seem to sell cheeseburgers. :frown:

Aw don't worry; I went to the Academy twice by myself cos the people I knew had gone home for the weekend, so I just ended up on my own. :redface: :p:
Reply 5
What bars and clubs do you frequent?

I'll usually start the night by going to the store with a few mates, getting some cans in and some vodka for the girls. We'll then do all that and go down to Loco's or the hub followed by the Academy.

Do you stay on campus at nighttime, or do you go to Kingston, London etc.?

Most nights we stay on campus, go to Liquid in Uxbridge on Wednesdays and I've suggested going to the Works is it?

Where do you hang out to chill - and how often?

Other peoples' kitchens, outside if people want to smoke, do sheesha or smoke weed. Loco's and the hub are excellent on Weeknights especially when the football or rugby is on. Sometimes go to peoples rooms to play pro evo, till the birds start singing. The Academy is NOT good every night. I've been about 8 or 9 times now and I've only enjoyed myself when I've been smashed or when I can get into the music

Ever got a dodgy tummy from Pronto?

I had a chicken burger meal last night, nothing yet touch wood.
kmtd
What bars and clubs do you frequent?

I'll usually start the night by going to the store with a few mates, getting some cans in and some vodka for the girls. We'll then do all that and go down to Loco's or the hub followed by the Academy.

Do you stay on campus at nighttime, or do you go to Kingston, London etc.?

Most nights we stay on campus, go to Liquid in Uxbridge on Wednesdays and I've suggested going to the Works is it?

Where do you hang out to chill - and how often?

Other peoples' kitchens, outside if people want to smoke, do sheesha or smoke weed. Loco's and the hub are excellent on Weeknights especially when the football or rugby is on. Sometimes go to peoples rooms to play pro evo, till the birds start singing. The Academy is NOT good every night. I've been about 8 or 9 times now and I've only enjoyed myself when I've been smashed or when I can get into the music

Ever got a dodgy tummy from Pronto?

I had a chicken burger meal last night, nothing yet touch wood.

Good response. TBH, I dont think there is anything to do in Locos apart from play snooker. And whilst the atmosphere is obviously better when a footy match is on, I would simply just want to watch the match, not sit there and talk for 90 minutes (and get crisps thrown in my hair).

What's the hub? Is it like a cafe? And do they show the football?

And to be honest, there is nothing for me to do in a club like The Academy or Liquid. I do not have the energy or interest to succeed in a meat market.

Plus I look like this:
And do you play Pro Evo with Aslan of Narnia? :biggrin:
Er, are you seriously that bloke in the picture with the mahoosive black eye?! :s-smilie:
Citizen Zero
Er, are you seriously that bloke in the picture with the mahoosive black eye?! :s-smilie:

Why, you wanna go for a drink? :wink:
:frown: I'm teetotal (sorry, straight-edge punk roots here). I'm afraid I might bore you even more. :s-smilie:

Really though, is that you with the black eye or just a Googled picture?
ahahaha, no it's not me. :wink:

I just googled 'deformed face'. Waaay too much time on my hands. :s-smilie:
Aw, was hoping to be able to spot you much more easily around campus, haha!
Reply 13
Citizen Zero
:frown: I'm teetotal (sorry, straight-edge punk roots here). I'm afraid I might bore you even more. :s-smilie:

Really though, is that you with the black eye or just a Googled picture?

A punk that doesn't drink ...?
Not all punks drink really. There's a fair few different "sub-groups" which fall under the punker attitude; they have different lifestyles.

I just happen to be a teetotal punker; normally I dress like a skinhead (unfortunately I can't wear my skinhead gear to uni and I'm not a militant or anything!). Which makes my social life at Brunel non-existant, cos there's usually nothing good on or fun to go to.
Well I have now not been out for about a week! :mad:

Sometimes I just sit in my room bored stiff. I don't really hang out with my flatmates so I guess that ruins a lot of social potential. :frown:

After the first few weeks of mayhem, everything has quietened down now and I'm not sure I like it.
Reply 16
Well your both in Mill Hall so why not meet up and just go to Loco's or something ...

It's pretty chilled out in there to be honest, it's the sort of place where you can just have a quiet drink and get to know each other.
There isn't much of a problem anyway because I am usually doing stuff during the daytime, including going to Locos every now and then and visiting other Halls, but after 6pm I can get a little bored...I don't think sitting in my room watching a DVD is worth coming to uni for, tbh.

Still, I've made friends so no problems there. It's just that maybe they are all more exciting than I am. :wink:
Yeah Loco's seems OK to sit in. There's always people playing pool haha. Sometimes it's packed though, so there is physically nowhere to sit down, but it's alright I guess. The area upstairs is also quite cool.
Reply 19
Andy Pipkin
There isn't much of a problem anyway because I am usually doing stuff during the daytime, including going to Locos every now and then and visiting other Halls, but after 6pm I can get a little bored...I don't think sitting in my room watching a DVD is worth coming to uni for, tbh.

Still, I've made friends so no problems there. It's just that maybe they are all more exciting than I am. :wink:

If you don't mind me asking, why don't you go out with these friends in the evening?

Latest

Trending

Trending