The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE PPE Student: Ask Me Anything!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maajid
I’ve heard that A* requirement in maths for PPE at LSE implicitly means they prefer you to take further maths A level. It’s very competitive and I don’t take further maths at A level. How much of a disadvantage does this put me at?

No it doesn't, I didn't do it but got in. Don't worry, just get A* in maths
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Original post by Asif islam
No it doesn't, I didn't do it but got in. Don't worry, just get A* in maths

Thanks so much man! Did you apply to Bristol?
Reply 42
Original post by username2108371
Hey! I'm just finishing off my first year at LSE, studying PPE, and I've really enjoyed it! If you have any questions about the course, about my thoughts or about the experience - please ask away!

I talk about my studies on my YouTube channel too, so if you're thinking of applying to LSE at all you should check it out and sub for videos about uni very soon:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHscJE0hIdmyd_QNO4VjCUw

Ask away!

If I got predicted A in mathematics, but A* in Economics, philosophy and English would LSE consider my application for PPE? What if I get A* in final exams
Hey! I'm just finishing off my first year at LSE, studying PPE, and I've really enjoyed it! If you have any questions about the course, about my thoughts or about the experience - please ask away!

I talk about my studies on my YouTube channel too, so if you're thinking of applying to LSE at all you should check it out and sub for videos about uni very soon:

Ask away!

Hi, I'm going to be applying to LSE for PPE too!

I haven't officially studied philosophy or politics at school, but I've done my own research into it by looking at modules as starting points and then listening to a few podcasts, blogs and started reading books, and entering a comp. I am currently trying to work out how to build up an interdisciplinary approach combining all three subjects as this seems to be very favoured in unis, especially since PPE is a way of bringing all branches of thought together.

I would be grateful if I could have a read of your personal statement for some guidance. Many thanks. 🙂
Reply 44

Ask away!

Hi there! Not sure if this is too late but I just wanted to ask around what time last year did you receive an offer from LSE? Some of my friends have already gotten rejection notices but no one that I've heard of has actually gotten an offer from them yet so I'm a bit nervous about this. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending