The Student Room Group

Rejecting apprenticeship after accepting

My friend is in a predicament where he has received 2 fantastic apprenticeship offers from two reputable companies (offer from Company A first and then Company B).

Both are dependent on a-level grades (released in june) but Company A has 'virtually' accepted him as he's signed the paper-work and been invited for a day around the premises.

Company B offered him after and if he gets his predicted grades then would be mad not to accept Company B's offer which is miles better.

My question is, what should he do and is he under any obligation to work for company A. Yes, it's a bit of an inconvenience for Company A's HR but they most probably will have a replacement lined up just in case he didn't meet his target grades.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Reject offer A in the same way you would reject a job offer.

Explain you were pressured to accept but have since decided the position wouldn't be suitable.
Reply 2
Failing that, accept both and reject Option A only after ensuring the offer is met.
Reply 3
accept both then reject one when they get the grades.

That's what I did when I had 2 offers for an apprenticeship
Original post by sdotd
accept both then reject one when they get the grades.

That's what I did when I had 2 offers for an apprenticeship

Was this a degree apprenticeship? How did you reject the offer afterwards? Where was the apprenticeship
We don't have legal slavery in this country. He is under no obligation to work for anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending