The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

My Computing Interview Experience

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nikita_atikin
:lolwut: Unless cyberhockey became a proper sport, what is Imperial's hockey club doing on TSR? :lolwut:

It's late... I must be dreaming this. :lolwut:

Lol. They're beginning to promote Imperial Hockey club to all us prospective Imperialites
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by CookieGhoul
Lol. They're beginning to promote Imperial Hockey club to all us prospective Imperialites

Even falconry will be an effort for me so you know actually running about on a hockey field, not for me sorry :nope: I'm really unfit and really unsporty so I wont be joining the hockey club :s-smilie: Sports goes as far as dancing at parties for me :s-smilie:
Original post by nikita_atikin
Even falconry will be an effort for me so you know actually running about on a hockey field, not for me sorry :nope: I'm really unfit and really unsporty so I wont be joining the hockey club :s-smilie: Sports goes as far as dancing at parties for me :s-smilie:

Nah come on. I'm sure its not that bad. I love playing sports though. Football, Cricket the stuff. :smile: Ooh dancing at parties. Hahah cool cool
Original post by CookieGhoul
nikita_atikin

We like freshers :-) It's not all about winning on the pitch - for example our annual dinner this year is on Friday at the Hilton Olympia; blacktie with lots of wine, dancing and nice food :tongue:
Reply 224
I suppose I need to work on my lying, seeing as I chose Imperial just because 'it's in London, rep's good and the course seemed somewhat entertaining'.
Original post by MMJZ
I suppose I need to work on my lying, seeing as I chose Imperial just because 'it's in London, rep's good and the course seemed somewhat entertaining'.

Entertaining? The course is super hard, it makes diamond look like bread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 226
Super hard = challenging = entertaining.
Or, no pain, no game.

Either way, I mentioned in my personal statement that I enjoy reading things I can't make heads or tails of simply because it gives me something to aim towards and it's got me an interview at Imperial so I think it's a quality they like.

Or it was my reference, but I like to think I was involved somewhat in my application.
Reply 227
Original post by MMJZ
I suppose I need to work on my lying

While we're at it, let's throw "not replying to 3.5-year-old threads" into the pot of skills you need to work on :smile:
Reply 228
Reusing threads is an important skill in coding :wink:
I h
(edited 9 years ago)
Is there anyone who has applied for JMC and got an interview/offer? I applied on 15th october and got a mail with predicted grades, but otherwise haven't heard anything...is it normal to take that long? It's been almost 2 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending