The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
no1_gy@l
nah u end up wid accounting and finance bcoz in first years its called ba(hons)economic and social studies.plus for ucas i did apply for accounting and finance(NN43)

cool whats the requirement grade/typical offer grade? aab?
Reply 21
aab or abb.
i mean i got in wid abb.mite go up nxt year coz joinin with other uni umist so more bigger and better.
no1_gy@l
yea i am goin manc to do ba(hons)accounting and finance.
why u say that?

no one with the intellectual capacity of a manchester student, would ask such a question on an internet forum... he/she would have the incentive to research in the library etc
Reply 23
will actually i dnt fink i was goin to uni and gettn such grades thats the reason.
Reply 24
rite, this seems like a relevent thread to post my issue:

I have applied to Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield, Loughborough, Reading and Oxford Brookes (as an insurance).

I now have 3 offers from..
Reading - BA Accounting and Management (3 years) - ABB
Loughborough - BSc Accounting and Financial Management (4 years sandwich) - BBB
Sheffield - BA Accounting & Financial Management and Business Managament - 300 points

now, my situation - basically Loughborough and Sheffield are the 2 places i wanted to go to most, now i have the offers to go there and am in no doubt that i will gain the relevant conditions of my offers.

i was wondering if some of you guys could offer me some guidance, Loughborough is currently (according to the Times tables) 7th on par with the imperial, and Sheffield is something like 21st.

however, Sheffield is offering (in my eyes) a better course. should i opt for the better course? or the uni with the highest standing?

Also, i'm not sure if most of you find this but not many people have actually heard of Loughborough let alone know where it is...so if i were to go there, would this also be the case after i complete the course and am looking for a job? or would businesses be aware of the standings of the unis?

thanks for any advice in advance..
Reply 25
If you really want to become Chartered Accountant, then you should do ACCA or CIMA. Thats because on average, ACCA also takes 3 years to complete and after competing it, you get a lot of exemtions from ICAEW, with only 2 or 3 papers left.(I am not sure about the exact exemptions but i know they are more as compared to BA degree. Check it out on the ICAEW website).
However, if you would like to keep your options open for future then do the BA degree.
Reply 26
exemptions - which uni offers the most. i heard dmu offers the maximum you can get from a degree but there are also others uni's -- which ones?
Reply 27
T1000udie
rite, this seems like a relevent thread to post my issue:

I have applied to Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield, Loughborough, Reading and Oxford Brookes (as an insurance).

I now have 3 offers from..
Reading - BA Accounting and Management (3 years) - ABB
Loughborough - BSc Accounting and Financial Management (4 years sandwich) - BBB
Sheffield - BA Accounting & Financial Management and Business Managament - 300 points

now, my situation - basically Loughborough and Sheffield are the 2 places i wanted to go to most, now i have the offers to go there and am in no doubt that i will gain the relevant conditions of my offers.

i was wondering if some of you guys could offer me some guidance, Loughborough is currently (according to the Times tables) 7th on par with the imperial, and Sheffield is something like 21st.

however, Sheffield is offering (in my eyes) a better course. should i opt for the better course? or the uni with the highest standing?

Also, i'm not sure if most of you find this but not many people have actually heard of Loughborough let alone know where it is...so if i were to go there, would this also be the case after i complete the course and am looking for a job? or would businesses be aware of the standings of the unis?

thanks for any advice in advance..

hey im applying to those two uni's aswell. acc and fin and eco at sheffield and acc and fin at lough. sheffields is a better course but lough has better teaching and great links with industry(they also do a year in industry which apparently booosts your chances when finding work.) However sheefield has better nightlife but less established accounting department than lough imo. If your into sports, lough is really good.
Reply 28
confused?
exemptions - which uni offers the most. i heard dmu offers the maximum you can get from a degree but there are also others uni's -- which ones?

check out Manchester Metropolitan website. I think they offer a lot of exemptions too.

Latest

Trending

Trending