The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1
Copying someone else's statement won't help you.

Be yourself, be original; then you'll stand out a bit. What course are you applying for?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
try to write a killer first sentence or so... it really counts.
i dont want to rant about cheating/copying... but write about what really interests you about the subject/why you want to study it etc.
then write about how you've commited yourself to that subject (relevent work experience, research)
write about books/famous mathematicians/scientists that have inspired you...
write something (maybe entirely original) that will make the lecturer feel good about him/herself i.e. the true importance of science to modern society and civilisation that you've realised from travelling around a 3rd world country...
write about the extra curricular things you do (and how the skills you've got from them are relevent and transferable to the degree) might help a little (though imperial being quite academic institution, they might not want a whole saga on it)

then conclude with a little why you think the degree would be important to you in your career/whatever you want to do afterwards.

hope this helps... and don't cheat by trying to copy someone else's... the guy/girl reading your statement in a few weeks time is likely to have read the original a year ago.
and besides, i look back on my personal statement now and cringe at how amateur it seems.

Latest

Trending

Trending