The Student Room Group

Apprenticeships with NO A Levels

Hi I'm wondering if I can do an apprenticeship without A Levels?

I wasn't able to do my A Level exams due to circumstances out of my hands and I'm not sure what to do.

I don't know if I want to re do a Levels as that would mean doing five years of A Levels.

My brother got cancer during my first year in 2014 which meant I couldn't do my AS exams and had to retake. But I couldn't do my A2 exams this year either so idk what to do.

I'm turning 20 at the end of this year and I feel I hopeless and full of regret.

I have meh GCSES;
A in English Lit & Language and C's in the rest of my subjects.

Idk what kind of apprenticeship I'd like to do seeing as I have no ambition left in me. I'm looking at accounting and computing but I did get only a C in maths at GCSE so...

Should I just do a fast track A Level course with exams next year?

Anyways any help would be appreciated thanks!
Original post by marrimerro

I wasn't able to do my A Level exams due to circumstances out of my hands and I'm not sure what to do.

I don't know if I want to re do a Levels as that would mean doing five years of A Levels.

My brother got cancer during my first year in 2014 which meant I couldn't do my AS exams and had to retake. But I couldn't do my A2 exams this year either so idk what to do.

I'm turning 20 at the end of this year and I feel I hopeless and full of regret.

I have meh GCSES;

Idk what kind of apprenticeship I'd like to do seeing as I have no ambition left in me. I'm looking at accounting and computing but I did get only a C in maths at GCSE so...

Hello marrimerro,

When you say out of your hands, are you referring to medical illness or bereavement (for your A2 year?) If so, you may be eligible for extenuating circumstances, which would mean most places wouldn’t discriminate against you having taken longer to do your A-Levels.

Fast tracking A-Levels is an option, I’m taking English Literature in a year (alongside 3 A2’s) it depends whether or not the circumstances that led you to not do as well the first time are ongoing.

Either way, if you’ve seen apprenticeships you’re interested in, contact them to explain and they will be able to give you a more definitive answer as to what they’ll accept.

x
Reply 2
Original post by FloralHybrid
Hello marrimerro,

When you say out of your hands, are you referring to medical illness or bereavement (for your A2 year?) If so, you may be eligible for extenuating circumstances, which would mean most places wouldn’t discriminate against you having taken longer to do your A-Levels.

Fast tracking A-Levels is an option, I’m taking English Literature in a year (alongside 3 A2’s) it depends whether or not the circumstances that led you to not do as well the first time are ongoing.

Either way, if you’ve seen apprenticeships you’re interested in, contact them to explain and they will be able to give you a more definitive answer as to what they’ll accept.

x

Hi yes the reasons were medical, and thanks for replying. I'll look more into the apprenticeship soon

I have meh GCSES;

Just tagging in

@Apprenticeships Advice

I have meh GCSES;

Good news!! You don't need A Levels for an Advanced Apprenticeship, as long as you have around 5 GCSE's grades A-C (which you do) you can apply for an apprenticeship!

I would suggest looking for a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.

Use this link to the live vacancy search site, type in key words of an apprenticeship you may be interested in and you're away!
https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch

So all round good news! Get searching and applying and good luck!:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Apprenticeships Advice
Good news!! You don't need A Levels for an Advanced Apprenticeship, as long as you have around 5 GCSE's grades A-C (which you do) you can apply for an apprenticeship!

I would suggest looking for a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.

Use this link to the live vacancy search site, type in key words of an apprenticeship you may be interested in and you're away!
https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch

So all round good news! Get searching and applying and good luck!:smile:

Really? Omg thank you so much much! I thought I'd have to do a level 2.
Reply 6
@Apprenticeships Advice hi I looked at a few apprenticeships that are level three and they all want A Levels?

So I'm unsure whether to apply for those ones?
Hello. Level 3 apprenticeships give you a-level qualifications and they only require GCSE’s to start it. Have fun applying and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending