The Student Room Group

i can't stop skipping and my attendance is awful

I'm currently doing A levels at college but I hate it so much and it is so hard to find motivation to go everyday because my teachers don't even know my name, I feel like just a number and they don't care about you at all and don't try to help if you don't understand. I probably skip one lesson a day 3 times a week maybe, and my attendance is 83%. Usually it starts off because I'm late and miss the bus, but instead of getting the next bus and being 20 minutes late I just don't go because I hate walking in late and everyone stares at you. Today I skipped because last lesson I skipped and I didn't want to face the teacher asking me why... it's like a downhill spiral. I have really bad anxiety that's why it is hard for me. I came on here because I just wondered if anyone else is like me.
Reply 1
Same...
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently doing A levels at college but I hate it so much and it is so hard to find motivation to go everyday because my teachers don't even know my name, I feel like just a number and they don't care about you at all and don't try to help if you don't understand. I probably skip one lesson a day 3 times a week maybe, and my attendance is 83%. Usually it starts off because I'm late and miss the bus, but instead of getting the next bus and being 20 minutes late I just don't go because I hate walking in late and everyone stares at you. Today I skipped because last lesson I skipped and I didn't want to face the teacher asking me why... it's like a downhill spiral. I have really bad anxiety that's why it is hard for me. I came on here because I just wondered if anyone else is like me.

i don't know if you are still doing alevels or if you are at the end of your education, but i am just like you. I recently developed anxiety and I have been missing so many lessons and have missed so much content that it has made my stress and anxiety even worse, to the point where i kept throwing up, everyday for a week straight. I really want to drop out, but you can't really get a good job without a-level qualifications. I know exactly how you feel, don't worry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending