The Student Room Group

JP Morgan Bournemouth Work Experience 2018

Thread for students admitted to the JP Morgan Bournemouth Work Experience program 2018.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I got accepted too. Do you know where the exact location of the programme is, need it to book the necessary accommodation.
Reply 2
No! I didn't get any further emails after the 'We are delighted to be able to confirm your placement with us...' email that I got end of January. Did you get any other emails? But in another thread from last year, someone posted that the program takes place at Bournemouth University rather than the JPM offices. BU seems to have two campuses, so no idea which one it is at. I am thinking of booking one of the hotels on the main road by the beach. In some thread I remember reading something about a shuttle bus from one of the hotels there to the program location, but not sure whether that still runs.
Reply 3
Last year I took part in JP Morgan Think ahead programme. That was in the Talbut Campus, I don't know where this work experience programme is, or if it is in the same place.
Reply 4
Original post by zetapi
Last year I took part in JP Morgan Think ahead programme. That was in the Talbut Campus, I don't know where this work experience programme is, or if it is in the same place.

Im not sure either but they'll probably email us closer to the time. When did they email you last year with the details?
Reply 5
Original post by VaVoom
Im not sure either but they'll probably email us closer to the time. When did they email you last year with the details?

They replied back: the location of the work experience is their Chaseside office (their main one)
1 Chaseside
Bournemouth
BH7 7DA
Reply 6
For this year? I haven't received any emails recently
Reply 7
They send an official email to everyone closer to the date regarding details. I just sent them an email myself asking where it was and they responded
Reply 8
Original post by zetapi
They send an official email to everyone closer to the date regarding details. I just sent them an email myself asking where it was and they responded

thanks!
Original post by VaVoom
Thread for students admitted to the JP Morgan Bournemouth Work Experience program 2018.

Original post by zetapi
Hey, I got accepted too. Do you know where the exact location of the programme is, need it to book the necessary accommodation.

Original post by VaVoom
No! I didn't get any further emails after the 'We are delighted to be able to confirm your placement with us...' email that I got end of January. Did you get any other emails? But in another thread from last year, someone posted that the program takes place at Bournemouth University rather than the JPM offices. BU seems to have two campuses, so no idea which one it is at. I am thinking of booking one of the hotels on the main road by the beach. In some thread I remember reading something about a shuttle bus from one of the hotels there to the program location, but not sure whether that still runs.

Original post by zetapi

Original post by VaVoom

Original post by zetapi
They replied back: the location of the work experience is their Chaseside office (their main one)
1 Chaseside
Bournemouth
BH7 7DA

Original post by VaVoom
For this year? I haven't received any emails recently

Original post by zetapi

Original post by VaVoom
thanks!

Hi there!
My name is Alice and I'm a student at Bournemouth University so feel free to ask me any questions about the uni or the area!
Alice :smile:
Reply 10
Hi! I got a place too and just received an email about the details. Have to find somewhere to stay now. Probably booking a hotel.
Original post by Hii_24
Hi! I got a place too and just received an email about the details. Have to find somewhere to stay now. Probably booking a hotel.

There are two decent ones 15 minutes walk from the place
what are people planning on wearing and bringing? and are people mainly from sixth form? I am from year 11
Reply 13
The email said 'smart casual' but usually this means more smart so I'd go quite official on the first day and then adjust depending on what the atmosphere is like.Im also going and i have just completed Year 13!
Original post by Sun.ani
The email said 'smart casual' but usually this means more smart so I'd go quite official on the first day and then adjust depending on what the atmosphere is like.Im also going and i have just completed Year 13!

yeah I was thinking official trousers and something! Wow finished year 13 arghh I'm scared ill be the youngest. what about what to bring
Reply 15
@Oskar123
Yeah i think smart trousers and a shirt should be good, so you can dress it up more officially with a tie and suit if you need to, or make it more casual depending on what others wear.

No worries! Im sure you won't be the only one in your year and we'll most likely to do some group activities so you'll get to know everyone!

I would just make sure that you bring a notepad, some pens and maybe a calculator (usually quite useful for work experience in these places). There isn't anything compulsory since the email didnt mention any other things apart from your own lunch. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sun.ani
@Oskar123
Yeah i think smart trousers and a shirt should be good, so you can dress it up more officially with a tie and suit if you need to, or make it more casual depending on what others wear.

No worries! Im sure you won't be the only one in your year and we'll most likely to do some group activities so you'll get to know everyone!

I would just make sure that you bring a notepad, some pens and maybe a calculator (usually quite useful for work experience in these places). There isn't anything compulsory since the email didnt mention any other things apart from your own lunch. :smile:

thank you so much! yeah I think I will and maybe a bag to keep it all in
Reply 17
Hiya! I've also been accepted and I was wondering what other girls are planning on wearing? I have a few trousers that are smart. and blouses with a blazer or just trench coat style with pumps. not sure if that is okayyy
Reply 18
Hi,
I think I'm just going for trousers and a blouse and then see from there? Does anyone know how many people there will be?
Original post by Fplmw
Hi,
I think I'm just going for trousers and a blouse and then see from there? Does anyone know how many people there will be?

around 40 maybe or less? yeah its just I'm coming from a long way so I can't really change if I needed to hhaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending