The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've already posted some pictures of Beaumont on earlier threads, there are also some pics up on the tsr wiki page too.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh right thanks.
I went to Leicester last month to visit my friend- the new halls are really nice but there are some further into town which are absolutely hideous.
Machiavelli the prince
I went to Leicester last month to visit my friend- the new halls are really nice but there are some further into town which are absolutely hideous.

Do you mean the ones near the uni? ie Freemans, Nixon, Mary Gee?
If you think thats bad try visiting Kent lol. Their bad accommodation is foul. Worst ive ever seen. Even Leicesters 'Bad' accommodation is considerably better than that of many other unis (not that id want to end up in Freemans though) + Mary Gee wont be open next year, so dont worry about ending up there. Most of Nixon that ive seen is pretty decent though.

LawYah
Are there any decent pictures of the halls at Leicester? Maybe some people who are already at Leic can upload some pics for people who are deciding where to go? Mods could sticky this too.:biggrin:

Here are some pics of my room in John Foster:

Reply 5
That actually a decent amount of desk space
The whole room is also much bigger than it looks, its just hard to take a decent photo because its 'L' shaped, so cant get the whole room in in one shot.
Yeah...that looks much nicer than my friend's. I think his halls may be opposite yours.
Machiavelli the prince
Yeah...that looks much nicer than my friend's. I think his halls may be opposite yours.

That'll be stamford then wont it? well GMS.
The only rooms ive been in over there are in stamford, some of which look a prison lol, but from other pictures ive seen they arnt all like that :smile:
Reply 9
What accomodation would you recommend? Self catered/ensuite preferably :redface:
Reply 10
That's a very nice room you have lol =]
LawYah
What accomodation would you recommend? Self catered/ensuite preferably :redface:

Well im self catered ensuite in John Foster, and its amazing. I love my room and my flat so much. If you can afford it, id definatly recommend there.
I think its £3770 next year.

If thats a bit steep, then theres the coppice, Bowder, or GMS to choose from for self catered ensuite all of which cost the same and are £300 cheaper than the John foster pavillions- £3445 I believe

Of those, the coppice, (which is still part of John Foster but not on the same site as the pavillions) is pretty good, ive seen the rooms there in person and they are fine.
Ive only seen the others in pictures but both seem alright.
Reply 12
thanks, i'll read up on them more!
Reply 13
the self catering were so *****. i went last saturday, smells and jus some cheap place. dnt go here
Reply 14
how can self catering be **** if you're catering yourself?
LawYah
how can self catering be **** if you're catering yourself?

Hes probably talking about Mary Gee and places like that, if hes even being serious. For some reason, the uni always puts all the crap accommodation under the self catered heading. Its probably to try and encourage people to go catered, which they make a point of alot.

Theres lots of self catered accommodation thats really good, and really nice- such as where im living.
Reply 16
yes i think they're the ones i seen, they were so crap, kitchen was tiny , room was wack, wack hall
Reply 17
Urgh yeah Mary Gee is getting closed down.
hey1990
yes i think they're the ones i seen, they were so crap, kitchen was tiny , room was wack, wack hall

I have no idea why they would have shown you those, they are being closed next year so no one will be living there anyway.
Reply 19
John foster (used to be new hall) is quite nice, used to visit people up there

Latest

Trending

Trending