The Student Room Group

King's College or Ucl???????

Heya
I'm really confused!!!!! I dont know which university to go to. I've been to both universities (kcl and ucl) opendays for law, and they are both amazing!!!!!! ARG!!!! Both of them have got different aspects which appeal to me!!! i wish i could roll them into one! help :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't know about Law specifically but UCL has a better overall rep.
Reply 2
Yeah but kings college is soooo gorgeous!!! Yet, ucl has a better course for me, i think.
Reply 3
From your sig it looks like you haven't heard from UCL yet, so I'd wait until you do before you decide.
I think Kings has the better course, their optional module seem much more interesting.

UCL campus is much less spread out though.
Reply 5
You're applying for Hispanic Law alongside Law at UCL... so if you get accepted there, then decide whether you'd prefer to do that or just Law on its own.
Reply 6
UCL then, it doesnt matter what a university looks like.
Reply 7
yeah i understand what your all saying!! its still a hard decision though. i wouldnt be doin th staight law, as hopefully i would get into the european studies and go to germany. where would you all go?
xxx
Reply 8
can someone who went to the kcl open day tell me what it was like? i can't make any :frown:
Reply 9
Hey, i went to the open day!!! the uni seems really good!! and its gorgeous, the library is massive, and the campus is really central to everything, (especially all the law courts). They have like abillion societies you can join whatever you like. And in the main buiding itself theres a chapel (for the choir) bank, medical centre, bookshop, two bars etc. It was really cool!!
xxx
My friend has the same dilemma too, and I think right now she's going to go for KCL, because it seems to have a warmer and friendlier environment, and it's well-located next to the courts or something... I think I may pick KCL too, if I had applied and got an offer (but I didn't do sufficient research before applying, so I wasn't even aware of its existence *slap*).
Reply 11
Not quite sure that the fact that it is close(er) to the Royal Courts of Justice than UCL is of any relevance really. It's not like KCL students are always going in there!

That said very good law school at KCL, and if(!) it moves into Somerset House looks as thought it will be amazing (although that won't be happening for a while, if at all, but still).
As if law students spend their time going to the courts :p:

Edit: Argh, Wisden14 beat me to it.
Reply 13
Kings is sooo near to the Inner and Middle Temples too, which are really nice to go around. If you want to be a barrister then you will be walking around then in absolute awe like I did, especially if you can go there with a barrister, then you can dine there and look around the inside of the Inns, which is just amazing. Although saying that, I don't think UCL is that far from KCL, but I'm not sure.

KCL all the way for me though. That has been my 1st choice (after Oxford rejection) so I would say Kings.
Reply 14
Walk around the Inns?!

Well on that argument UCL is nearer to Gray's which has the nicest gardens (or Walks as Gray's call them!) of the lot!

Seriously if that is a reason to choose a Uni, well.... And also not much of a chance to go walking around the Inns in the past 6 months, what with the lovely weather we've been having!
Reply 15
Do not be so foolish as to choose King's over UC purely on the basis of proximity to Inns. What is a 15 minute walk in the grand scheme of 3 years worth of acadmia and social life?
Reply 16
All very valid points!!
Ucl
Ah well, I thought that was just a point worth noting, I don't really know if law students really do it :P
Reply 19
Poor old John, that seems to be his legacy on here, that short remark certainly is oft quoted!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending