The Student Room Group

BA graduate programme

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard anything post video interview ?
Reply 21
Original post by Metallica

Nothing yet! As most close in November, I don't think we'll hear until closer to the closing dates for respective programmes. I really want to hear soon though :colondollar:
Hey Guys. When we do the situtational test do you think they are looking for more independent than teamwork skills? Like any tips for the people that have done the situational tests or numerical already, to get to interview stage pleaseee?
Reply 23
Original post by mini-luis1
Hey Guys. When we do the situtational test do you think they are looking for more independent than teamwork skills? Like any tips for the people that have done the situational tests or numerical already, to get to interview stage pleaseee?

I genuinely can't remember what I put tbh. I would just say go with your gut for it- I've found that at SJT stage the applications I struggled with are the ones I felt I didn't 'align' with as closely so probably would've not liked working there :biggrin:
I have a 'Talent Sim', working with people test. It says I only have 8mins to complete it! What does this test entail? what should I revise?
Reply 25
Hey, I am applying for the same position. Do you mind sharing what the interview is like, and if you remember any of the questions please?
Reply 26
Original post by Kemi46
Hey, I am applying for the same position. Do you mind sharing what the interview is like, and if you remember any of the questions please?

Hi Kemi,
It depends what you applied for what will be in the interview- there are not many questions, but someone mentioned having an exercise to do as well? Some questions will give you a short, set amount of time to prepare, and others give you as long as you need. I'm afraid no one should be sharing exact questions however! Good luck x
Reply 27
Original post by JTR__
Hi Kemi,
It depends what you applied for what will be in the interview- there are not many questions, but someone mentioned having an exercise to do as well? Some questions will give you a short, set amount of time to prepare, and others give you as long as you need. I'm afraid no one should be sharing exact questions however! Good luck x

Hi,

How many days do you have to complete the online interview?
Reply 28
Original post by simsid
Hi,

How many days do you have to complete the online interview?

I don’t think they gave me an exact date! I got a reminder after a week, and did it a few days after that. It’s better to do it sooner than later in case they fill up spaces however 😊
Finished both the situational tests, which weren't too difficult for anyone who hasn't completed them yet. Just your standard most and least likely responses to senarios. About to sit the numerical reasoning test, has anyone got any advice on how it is? is there a time limit? Is there a lot of questions?

Cheers
Reply 30
Original post by JTR__
I did it on Monday (keep procrastinating haha)- have you done it yet? I didn't find it that bad tbh

How does the Hirevue work? Just been invited to one. Can hardly find anything online.
Original post by Metallica

What kind of questions were asked?
What's the jump like from Level 1 to Level 3 numerical reasoning tests?

I've completed the first one and have been asked to complete the third!
Hi guys! I need to complete the video interview for Finance at BA, anybody have any tips? Questions? Type of interview? Help is well appreciated. Thanks
Original post by Muhammadd0098
Hi guys! I need to complete the video interview for Finance at BA, anybody have any tips? Questions? Type of interview? Help is well appreciated. Thanks

I'm exactly in the same position.. Not sure what to prepare for the video interview. Any help greatly appreciated! 😊
Original post by sandra360
I'm exactly in the same position.. Not sure what to prepare for the video interview. Any help greatly appreciated! 😊

Hey Sandra,

We're experts in video interviewing, so if you have any questions at all then feel free to hit us up!

The key thing to establish is whether the employer follows a competency (i.e. how you do something) or strength-based approach (i.e. what engages and interests you), they are usually quite upfront with this information.

Next, try to establish what competencies or strengths they are assessing, the larger employers publish these and if you unable to find them then refer to The Guardian UK 300 as this tells you what ‘Core skills are required’ for your employer/similar employers.

Employers like to think that you’ve spent every waking minute of your life dreaming about working for them so make sure you have a clear understanding of what they do so you can explain how your career aspirations are aligned with the opportunity. :smile:

Also, it’s worth hitting the news tab on Google to see if there’s anything notable that you might be able to weave into your interview to demonstrate the groundwork that you’ve done.

Good luck!
Has anyone heard back from British Airways after completing the Video Interview? :biggrin:
No, still nothing.
Original post by sandra360
No, still nothing.

They stated that we could email them if we still dont get any feedback after 6th of December. Have you contacted them?
Got an Assessment Centre next Monday for Finance graduate role. Don't really know what to expect - will there be additional tests on the day or just the Simulated meeting, Group task, and strength-based interview they say on the invite?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending