The Student Room Group

Revising maths

I'm desperate to get an A* on my Maths IGCSE , for which the first exam is on Thursday. I've been through the specification and am sure I have learnt everything there is to be learnt, but still when I do the past papers I find a few questions unanswerable. When I'm so close to the exam, and with other exams to worry about as well (Latin on Tuesday, French on Wednesday..) I'm not sure what I can do?

Any advice? The worst thing I don't even have access to mark schemes as my teacher only has a paper copy and won't photocopy.

Thanks
Reply 1
What are some of the questions you're stuck on? If you get most of the questions right, you'll probably get an A* anyway!

p.s woo! 100th post! hehe, sorry, it's exciting to me! :P
Reply 2
nuttygirl
What are some of the questions you're stuck on? If you get most of the questions right, you'll probably get an A* anyway!

p.s woo! 100th post! hehe, sorry, it's exciting to me! :P

Congratulations :smile:

I guess when I have a pile of past papers in front of me with LOADS of questions I can't do it doesn't make me feel so good, but if I look at it in terms of one whole paper, then there would be perhaps 3/4 questions I can't do which is okay.

But the thing is I've been through about 6 papers which I can now do fully without any problems, but because there are so many questions that I can't do in other papers, I'm worried a few of those similar questions will come up in my own exam.

I'm confident I can get an A, but just the A* I'm not confident about!

Thing is I have so many other exams to revise for, and they start from Tuesday! So far only revised for Maths and Latin! :O I'm aiming for all 5As 5A*s which I think is realistic lol.
Reply 3
If you can't do a question, could you go and see you teacher at lunch break or during study leave, and ask them to go throught them one to one. (Even if your teacher won't photocopy them, could you ask a different teacher in the department?

Latest