The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xperty

Original post by xperty
Lucky you's i am still waiting for a interview :frown: I had my Aptitiude test on the 2nd of May and I haven't been giving a date yet.. Is this Normal?

maybe u should phone them up, i don't think that's normal :P
Reply 581
Original post by Mark04
I'm from Aberdeen. You? What order did you put your subject choices?

Hey i'm from keith, which is about an hour away from aberdeen :biggrin: electrical was my first choice then i think it was mechanical, then process ... what was yours ?? :biggrin:
Reply 582
Original post by Tetley 1
Hey i'm from keith, which is about an hour away from aberdeen :biggrin: electrical was my first choice then i think it was mechanical, then process ... what was yours ?? :biggrin:

Electrical was my first aswell, then i think it was instrument 2nd and process 3rd
Reply 583
Original post by Mark04
Electrical was my first aswell, then i think it was instrument 2nd and process 3rd

Nice. Did your letter say you had gotten the electrical one, as mine just said i had been offered a place on the scheme. And have you done your medical test yet :biggrin:
Reply 584
Nice. Did your letter say you had gotten the electrical one, as mine just said i had been offered a place on the scheme. And have you done your medical test yet :biggrin:

Just offered a place on the scheme. I don't think we will find out what subject we are doing or location until all interviews are done, could be a while yet :mad:

Still waiting for a date for my medical, what about you?
Reply 585
Original post by Mark04
Just offered a place on the scheme. I don't think we will find out what subject we are doing or location until all interviews are done, could be a while yet :mad:

Still waiting for a date for my medical, what about you?

Yeah same, sent them an email on sat, thought i might have heard back today, but no reply yet :frown: How old are you i am 18.
Reply 586
Yeah same, sent them an email on sat, thought i might have heard back today, but no reply yet :frown: How old are you i am 18.

I sent mine on Friday, hopefully hear back sometime this week. I'm 22
Reply 587
Original post by Mark04
I sent mine on Friday, hopefully hear back sometime this week. I'm 22

Do you get to have your medical test in aberdeen, or do you have to go to some other place, i have to go to buckie for my one.
Reply 588
How is everyone getting this far on and i haven't had my interview. Is it because i am with ECITB
Original post by xperty

Original post by xperty
How is everyone getting this far on and i haven't had my interview. Is it because i am with ECITB

i'm with ECITB too but i already got my interview. The difference between ECITB and OPITO is quite confusing :/
Reply 590
Do you get to have your medical test in aberdeen, or do you have to go to some other place, i have to go to buckie for my one.

Yes, the email said to would take place in Aberdeen
Reply 591
Original post by damilola
i'm with ECITB too but i already got my interview. The difference between ECITB and OPITO is quite confusing :/

Ok i will give them a ring i think. How was your interview?
Reply 592
Hey People. I had my test, passed it, and now i have an interview tomorrow. I was thinking, if they have already accepted people, then there is now less places to compete for, does this not put me at a disadvantage for being given a later test and interview? im also from aberdeen...just sayin. ha.
Reply 593
Original post by JayJay94
Hey People. I had my test, passed it, and now i have an interview tomorrow. I was thinking, if they have already accepted people, then there is now less places to compete for, does this not put me at a disadvantage for being given a later test and interview? im also from aberdeen...just sayin. ha.

Not really i think they try to keep so many places for people from each area. Unless, the candidates are so bad where it'll seem there is more from certain areas. Obviously there will be alot of candidates at an advantage as they live right next to oil activities-grangemouth etc and will just be naturally in the know from being brought up talking about it.:biggrin: So my uncle says anyway who is employed by Opito.
Reply 594
I have been told today that so many people have failed the test in my region they are having to organise another test this thursday to make up the numbers.

Could this be a advantage for me?
Original post by xperty

Original post by xperty
Ok i will give them a ring i think. How was your interview?

My interview was ok but very very informal, it was kinda weird. They say i'm getting another interview although other people say they only get one. Good luck with your interview :biggrin:
Original post by xperty

Original post by xperty
I have been told today that so many people have failed the test in my region they are having to organise another test this thursday to make up the numbers.

Could this be a advantage for me?

of course it's an advantage!

Yay! hello JayJay94 :biggrin: i'm from aberdeen too! Oh and good luck with your interview :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 598
Original post by damilola
Yay! hello JayJay94 :biggrin: i'm from aberdeen too! Oh and good luck with your interview :smile:

Yo Damilola! cheers!
Reply 599
Original post by TEX1
Not really i think they try to keep so many places for people from each area. Unless, the candidates are so bad where it'll seem there is more from certain areas. Obviously there will be alot of candidates at an advantage as they live right next to oil activities-grangemouth etc and will just be naturally in the know from being brought up talking about it.:biggrin: So my uncle says anyway who is employed by Opito.

oh yeah i suppose that makes sense, cheers! pretty much cacking it for the interview tbh... Ohwell! hopefully it will go well (Y)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending