The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Tetley 1
when yous phoned up to tell them if you required accomidation did they tell you where you would be staying or did they say it was still to be arranged as thats what i was told.

I had to leave a voicemail as I couldn't get through. Got a email today saying because I'm in Aberdeen they will supply 5 nights accom and I will have to pay for the other 2 nights. I'm going to Falkirk though, which means I would have to pay for travel home every weekend??

Anyone else been told the same?
Reply 781
Medical tomorrow in Nottingham, preferences were Mech and Elec, if all goes well does anyone have any idea as to what disciplines are more popular this year and what respective colleges they will be taught at?
Reply 782
Original post by Mark04
I had to leave a voicemail as I couldn't get through. Got a email today saying because I'm in Aberdeen they will supply 5 nights accom and I will have to pay for the other 2 nights. I'm going to Falkirk though, which means I would have to pay for travel home every weekend??

Anyone else been told the same?

i havn't been told anything like that yet. i stay in keith which is an hour away from aberdeen. so from keith to falkirk is about 3 hours travel for me. i am hoping for the full seven days. maybe i should phone again. did they say where you will be staying ?
Reply 783
Original post by Tetley 1
i havn't been told anything like that yet. i stay in keith which is an hour away from aberdeen. so from keith to falkirk is about 3 hours travel for me. i am hoping for the full seven days. maybe i should phone again. did they say where you will be staying ?

No, but it will be a BnB or a hotel if I'm only getting it for 5 days
Reply 784
I still haven't heard anything back from my interview with opito and I'm starting to wonder why seen as people already know there accommodation
Reply 785
Original post by Mark04
No, but it will be a BnB or a hotel if I'm only getting it for 5 days

i see well am thinking maybe i shoud send them an email. cheers for letting me know :smile:
Original post by Ma123

Original post by Ma123
I still haven't heard anything back from my interview with opito and I'm starting to wonder why seen as people already know there accommodation

I hven't heard anything yet, tried ringing the numbers on my letter and only got answerphone. Left a message so hopefully someone will get back to me soon :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 787
Its Andrew Barker, couldnt find yours
Woodgroup are taking ages to decide, the told me I would find out last friday and still no decision m8
Reply 789
i phoned maureen yesterday and iv been confirmed for process operator at aberdeen college which is a resulthttp://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.gif cuz im just half an hour from their. is anyone else going to aberdeen for process operator
Reply 790
i had my interview with woodgroup last moday and was told id know by friday. starting to think i aint got it now
I had my interview Aswel last Monday with wood group. I called ecitb yesterday and they said they had stillnot heard anything from wood group. Will try again about 4 o'clock if I don't hear sooner
Original post by wintonrovers
Woodgroup are taking ages to decide, the told me I would find out last friday and still no decision m8

Original post by matt0091
i had my interview with woodgroup last moday and was told id know by friday. starting to think i aint got it now

i called the lady and she said they still hadn't made their mind up yet, i'm getting really worried too. I even had a nightmare about not getting it!
Reply 793
anyone else having a nightmare trying to get in contact with Maureen to discuss accommodation?
Reply 794
Original post by Wesker
anyone else having a nightmare trying to get in contact with Maureen to discuss accommodation?

I couldn't get through, just left a voicemail. Give her an email, she's norm quite quick at replying.

Where u from? And what college you going to?
Reply 795
Hey mark, yeah left a voicemail might try an email this time. I'm from Aberdeen and moving to edinburgh to study instrument tech at jewel and esk college. How about yourself?
Reply 796
Original post by Wesker
Hey mark, yeah left a voicemail might try an email this time. I'm from Aberdeen and moving to edinburgh to study instrument tech at jewel and esk college. How about yourself?

I'm from Aberdeen also, doing electrical tech in Falkirk.

Let me know what their reply to your email is. I've been told because I'm from Aberdeen opito will only pay for 5 nights accom and I need to pay the other 2 myself or pay travel home every weekend. Which doesn't seem right when we only get about £80 a week :s-smilie:
Reply 797
Original post by Mark04

Original post by Mark04
I'm from Aberdeen also, doing electrical tech in Falkirk.

Let me know what their reply to your email is. I've been told because I'm from Aberdeen opito will only pay for 5 nights accom and I need to pay the other 2 myself or pay travel home every weekend. Which doesn't seem right when we only get about £80 a week :s-smilie:

Yeah will do. Is that college accom or b&b? Yeah, supposedly its now minimum wage i heard somewhere so maybe get a wee bit more. Its worth pushing for the weekend.
Reply 798
Original post by Wesker
Yeah will do. Is that college accom or b&b? Yeah, supposedly its now minimum wage i heard somewhere so maybe get a wee bit more. Its worth pushing for the weekend.

Not sure what type of accom it is yet. I did ask for 7 nights but was told that only 5 nights would get paid for.
Reply 799
well if i get placed up in Aberdeen im 6 hours away from home, so id expect them to pay for 7 days, as it would cost 100 quid t get home each weekend, and it would probablies cost about the same to pay for accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending