The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
yes he was a controls and instrument tech on the douglas complex now he is a c and i coach working for bp gpo
Original post by char84
yes he was a controls and instrument tech on the douglas complex now he is a c and i coach working for bp gpo

nice :biggrin:..

Im guessing you've applied since ur posting on this topic, whats ur first choice?

Dean
Reply 1162
no im studying chemistry and maths right now, i dont meet the entry requirements at the moment. i am applying in january for 2013 intake. im torn between c & i and process. but mechanical id be chuffed with though if it was offered to me
Original post by char84
no im studying chemistry and maths right now, i dont meet the entry requirements at the moment. i am applying in january for 2013 intake. im torn between c & i and process. but mechanical id be chuffed with though if it was offered to me

ahh right :smile:!

Good luck for next year then buddy, thanks for the info
Dean
Reply 1164
anyone else got interview dates yet ?
Reply 1165
nope. nothing. did saay they would take a while cos of high number of applicants
Reply 1166
Cool, mine's a week tomorrow. Does anyone know when people usally start to recieve their offers?
Original post by xperty
Cool, mine's a week tomorrow. Does anyone know when people usally start to recieve their offers?

offer waiting time varies, from my knowledge of reading through the whole of this topic

Some people who excel in the interviews may receive an offer only say a week later, while others may have to wait months

ECITB start interviews in my region in June, that's all i know

Dean
I had my interview on the 17th of April, the guy told me that they wouldn't be offering any places until start of July earliest.
Reply 1169
Hey guys, first time poster here.
I recently had my aptitude test at OPITO, and I've been invited for an interview this Friday. Can anybody give any tips on what kind of questions they ask you and what kind of questions (if any) I should ask them?

Oh and my choices were
1) Process
2) C&I
3) Mechanical
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1170
I have applied and I got a letter saying they will be in touch soon for an aptitude test, but the email account I gave them is broke, do they send you a letter for where and when the aptitude test is?
Reply 1171
Original post by darrenb
I have applied and I got a letter saying they will be in touch soon for an aptitude test, but the email account I gave them is broke, do they send you a letter for where and when the aptitude test is?

Yeah I'm sure they send out a letter. If you're concerned you can always give their offices a phone and they should be able to either tell you the date or correct the email address you gave them
Reply 1172
Gavin how did you get the info for the aptitude test was it email, letter or some other way
Reply 1173
Thanks sorry didn't see the first reply
Well i sat my aptitude tests on the 18th of April, havent got a letter yet saying when interview is. Anyone wondering, Opito always send the essential information via post to the address you had on the application form. If you want any extra information from them then just give them a ring :smile:
Reply 1175
Anyone got any tips for the interview ?
Reply 1176
Original post by Jackerius
Well i sat my aptitude tests on the 18th of April, havent got a letter yet saying when interview is. Anyone wondering, Opito always send the essential information via post to the address you had on the application form. If you want any extra information from them then just give them a ring :smile:

I literally just got off the phone with them because I hadn't recieved my interview letter either and my interview's on Friday. So I'd phoned them up asking if they could give me the time and the lady, Maureen, said that the letters have been sent out and we all should've gotten them by now. I think maybe since Monday was a bank holiday the letters could be a bit late. :confused:

Regardless, she told me my interview was at 9, which is a problem for me because I have to drive about 150 miles to get to Portlethen! :eek: Not looking forward to doing that at peak traffic time! I asked if I could possibly reschedule the interview but the receptionist said that Maureen will have to get back to me tomorrow.

Again, if anybody has any tips on the interview they would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:
Original post by GavinM
I literally just got off the phone with them because I hadn't recieved my interview letter either and my interview's on Friday. So I'd phoned them up asking if they could give me the time and the lady, Maureen, said that the letters have been sent out and we all should've gotten them by now. I think maybe since Monday was a bank holiday the letters could be a bit late. :confused:

Regardless, she told me my interview was at 9, which is a problem for me because I have to drive about 150 miles to get to Portlethen! :eek: Not looking forward to doing that at peak traffic time! I asked if I could possibly reschedule the interview but the receptionist said that Maureen will have to get back to me tomorrow.

Again, if anybody has any tips on the interview they would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:

You are sure they said ALL the letters? that has scared me! :O i aint got my letter, so i would dread missing it by accident! did you just phone maureen yeah?
Reply 1178
Original post by Jackerius
You are sure they said ALL the letters? that has scared me! :O i aint got my letter, so i would dread missing it by accident! did you just phone maureen yeah?

Well it might not be *all* the letters. I'm sure she said something along the lines of "Letters have been sent out, they should've arrived before now."

But yeah I just phoned the offices and it was the receptionist that picked up but once I explained what I was calling for she put me through to Maureen. Although looking at the letter I recieved after the aptitude test it's got Maureen's extension on the bottom it so I guess you could just phone that?
Reply 1179
Hello everyone :smile: Im jake, instrument and control for me I think, really want to do that, iv been hearing good things. Iv got my ability testing on the 18th of may, guess I may see a few of you there then, as im from brimingham, i have my test at the heath lodge hotel in marston green. Give me a shout if anyone else is going there that day too :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending