The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr.Watts
Hello everyone :smile: Im jake, instrument and control for me I think, really want to do that, iv been hearing good things. Iv got my ability testing on the 18th of may, guess I may see a few of you there then, as im from brimingham, i have my test at the heath lodge hotel in marston green. Give me a shout if anyone else is going there that day too :smile:

good luck with the tests :smile:

For practice tests I recommend using www.shl.com as it's the same company whom make the tests that are used :smile:

Dean
Reply 1181
Thank you for the help dean :smile: im going to have a look at that now i think :smile: cheers
Thank you for the help dean :smile: im going to have a look at that now i think :smile: cheers

no bother.

I wasnt very exact. so or practice tests go here: http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html
i think its, numerical ability, numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning,..

fault diagnosis: this kinda explains it: http://www.psychometric-success.com/practice-papers/Psychometric%20Success%20Fault%20Diagnosis%20-%20Practice%20Test%201.pdf

Mechanical: https://www.select2perform.eu/default?action=url&key=e7bb5955eb606d

All of that should help you alot! :smile:

Once again, good luck with the tests
Dean
Reply 1183
Re: OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?
Originally Posted by Mr.Watts
Hello everyone Im jake, instrument and control for me I think, really want to do that, iv been hearing good things. Iv got my ability testing on the 18th of may, guess I may see a few of you there then, as im from brimingham, i have my test at the heath lodge hotel in marston green. Give me a shout if anyone else is going there that day too
good luck with the tests

For practice tests I recommend using www.shl.com as it's the same company whom make the tests that are used

Dean

How are the tests based? Is it a written exam or is it computer based questions?
Reply 1184
Dean...... Do you know if the tests are written exams or is it all computer based questions?

Jake :smile:
Dean...... Do you know if the tests are written exams or is it all computer based questions?

Jake :smile:

ive sat the tests the past 2 years... and they are all written type multi-choice questions :smile:

Dean
Reply 1186
Finally got my date through for my test today, it's May 18th in Birmingham. A little bit short notice for those of us with jobs really and it's still a 3 and a half hour train ride away. But I guess it's better than the 5 hour one i had to take for it last year.
Hiya guys, could anyone possibly give me some tips for the interview stage?
Would be a massive help!
Thanks
Reply 1188
Had my interview today, positive vibes!

For anyone looking for tips, just type "typical interview questions" into google because its just the same as any other, they dont grill you on the oil and gas industry!

Has anyone else done the interview yet? If so did you get 2 people interviewing? TENSE
Original post by JAYP91
Had my interview today, positive vibes!

For anyone looking for tips, just type "typical interview questions" into google because its just the same as any other, they dont grill you on the oil and gas industry!

Has anyone else done the interview yet? If so did you get 2 people interviewing? TENSE

I just had one, was an older guy. When did they tell you you'd hear by?
Reply 1190
Original post by Nameismark87
I just had one, was an older guy. When did they tell you you'd hear by?

He never gave me an exact date, just told me to be patient. I think last year i was told july time but didnt actually hear back until late september.

My interview was with a guy called john fraser, didnt know the other girls name. last year i had a guy called frank. who was interviewing you?

Im glad the interview is over, i feel it went well. unfortunately i think we've got the longest wating game being one of the first waves through the application process.
I sent OPITO an application for 'oil and gas technician' (not sure if that's the same as this) ages ago but didn't hear back so obviously wasn't successful. What else can I do to try get in the industry?
Reply 1192
Original post by buzzer55
I sent OPITO an application for 'oil and gas technician' (not sure if that's the same as this) ages ago but didn't hear back so obviously wasn't successful. What else can I do to try get in the industry?

It's not like them to not send you a letter at all..

you should contact them because it sounds like a mistake to me.

And yeah the "oil and gas technician" is OPITO.
Anyone have medicals?
Reply 1194
Original post by muaythaigal
Anyone have medicals?

Have you been accepted onto the scheme?

OR HAS ANYONE THATS HAS HAD AN INTERVIEW BEEN ACCEPTED??
Reply 1195
noone would be accepted yet. there is a second interview with a few companies and i very much doubt anyone has done that yet since last year they had the interviews in august
Original post by matt0091
noone would be accepted yet. there is a second interview with a few companies and i very much doubt anyone has done that yet since last year they had the interviews in august

not all people get a 2nd interview...

my friend got on the course last year with only the 1st one

Dean
Reply 1197
Original post by JAYP91
My interview was with a guy called john fraser, didnt know the other girls name. last year i had a guy called frank. who was interviewing you?

John Fraser is the head of the Apprenticeship training programme. Frank Tyreman is one of the course "senior tutors" he comes down every 3 months or so to meet with the trainees and ensure your logbooks are fully complete.

There will definitely be people who have been accepted onto the course by now.

Whats everyone selected field? ie instrumentation?
Reply 1198
It's not like them to not send you a letter at all..

I got my own letter back from some deposit area in Ireland, which is where mail is held if it is rejected by the recipient. I got this in the mail about 1 day before the cutoff date (April 20th or so), of course i called them, I spoke to Maureen and agreed to send my app via email attach. Of course nothing happened. I mean nothing, the emails were sent back by their email server after being delayed. Tried this multiple times and pretty much had an entire conversation with myself in failed emails. 5000 or so apps later some people are going to be disappointed, they wont handle every app with due care and attention, mine wasn't, It wasnt even opened. just bundled into a bigger envelope with a stamp from royal mail attached and a box ticked 'not called for' which i laughed at. Of course I will be applying next year if still in the same position. I really wanted to write something about the professionalism of the scheme, but were all wanting the positions they offer, so no point.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1199
Original post by matt0091

People have been accepted.

my interview was last week.. haven't heard anything yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending