The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy T-Boi
Anyone who was at the ECITB Assessment Day had any info back yet whether you're in or not? It's been a week and a half =/

yeah man, I heard on wednesday there. :smile:

Just waiting on getting date for medical

Was urs morning or afternoon on the wednesday?

Dean
Original post by Dean_Reid
yeah man, I heard on wednesday there. :smile:

Just waiting on getting date for medical

Was urs morning or afternoon on the wednesday?

Dean

Well I was at the assessment day at like 1:15 till about 5:30ish. So when did you find out you were in? Did you get a letter or something?
Original post by Andy T-Boi
Well I was at the assessment day at like 1:15 till about 5:30ish. So when did you find out you were in? Did you get a letter or something?

I was at the same one on the wednesday.. I was in the group that made around £100 in the team building event. Wbu?

And they phoned me buddy :smile:

Dean
To all who are on the apprenticeship just now...

Well alot have mentioned that you get £0.20 towards every mile you travel back(the paid travel they do)

With trains, that works out it will cost me £14 on top of what they fund each journey I make, or do we also get a student card? meaning that the cost will be £5 less than whats funded :s-smilie:

Thanks
Dean
I was at the same one on the wednesday.. I was in the group that made around £100 in the team building event. Wbu?

And they phoned me buddy :smile:

Dean

Yeah the group I was in made something like £85. Do you think the fact that they haven't called me is a bad sign ? Well done anyway mate :smile:
Reply 1785
To all who are on the apprenticeship just now...

Well alot have mentioned that you get £0.20 towards every mile you travel back(the paid travel they do)

With trains, that works out it will cost me £14 on top of what they fund each journey I make, or do we also get a student card? meaning that the cost will be £5 less than whats funded :s-smilie:

Thanks
Dean

You only get 20p a mile if you're traveling from home every day, if you're coming from Glasgow you'll be in accomodation, and you pay the train tickets out of your own pocket, and get four paid trips a year....
Reply 1786
I have a voicemail waiting for me from Opito on my mobile. But I can't listen to it till I'm on my lunch break. Could it be...
Reply 1787
doing electrical at forth valley. havnt found out were im staying yet.
Reply 1788
Okay Opito have just phoned me again and left another message. Still can't answer as I'm at work. Seriously hope this means something good.
Dude, get to the bathroom or something! Don't want to miss your chance, if it is a spot become open you might miss out!
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey I'm doing process at Aberdeen. If you want to add me on Facebook please PM me :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by keiren1
doing electrical at forth valley. havnt found out were im staying yet.

apparently ECITB may do it where they pay for yuou to stay inhotel 5 days a week, then not pay food or drink in the hotel at the weekend if you want so you can travel home each weekend

Thats kinda what my interviewer said, not sure if true

Dean
Reply 1792
apparently ECITB may do it where they pay for yuou to stay inhotel 5 days a week, then not pay food or drink in the hotel at the weekend if you want so you can travel home each weekend

Thats kinda what my interviewer said, not sure if true

Dean

liz from opito told me that i will be entitled to 5 days stay since i stay in glasgow and that i will be told were im stayin nearer the time.
Reply 1793
Original post by Nameismark87
Dude, get to the bathroom or something! Don't want to miss your chance, if it is a spot become open you might miss out!

They've offered me a place!!!
Just gotta pass the medical now...
Original post by McFlame
They've offered me a place!!!
Just gotta pass the medical now...

congrats man, good to hear!

I'm in the same position as you, just gotta do my medical now :biggrin:

BUT im with ECITB, doing Instrument in Aberdeen :smile:!

Dean
Im just wondering. I'm from South West. Do OPITO do any apprenticeships near there?

And I've looked at the site, how do you guys have apprenticeships when they say Please note that recruitment for 2012 entry has now closed. The application process for 2013 entry will begin in January 2013.
Reply 1796
congrats man, good to hear!

I'm in the same position as you, just gotta do my medical now :biggrin:

BUT im with ECITB, doing Instrument in Aberdeen :smile:!

Dean

Well I put down process as my first choice and instrument as my second.
Right now I'll take anything that they give me.
Original post by Dajaffer
Im just wondering. I'm from South West. Do OPITO do any apprenticeships near there?

And I've looked at the site, how do you guys have apprenticeships when they say Please note that recruitment for 2012 entry has now closed. The application process for 2013 entry will begin in January 2013.

The application process is just coming to an end for 2012, we've been doing stuff with the company since about march

Dean
Reply 1798
Original post by Dajaffer

At present, the 4 colleges that facilitate OPITO training are in Aberdeen, Falkirk, Edinburgh and Middlesbrough.

The recruitment process for 2012 across the whole of the UK lasted between initial applications in January to final selection stages in August/September, I believe they sweep from the top of the UK to the south in this 8 month period. If I remember correctly, you have to have your application for the given year in by the end of January.
Original post by JAYP91
At present, the 4 colleges that facilitate OPITO training are in Aberdeen, Falkirk, Edinburgh and Middlesbrough.

The recruitment process for 2012 across the whole of the UK lasted between initial applications in January to final selection stages in August/September, I believe they sweep from the top of the UK to the south in this 8 month period. If I remember correctly, you have to have your application for the given year in by the end of January.

this.

At our interview there was someone on the course who was originally from norwich,

they pay for accommodation so you don't need to really worry about where you are from.

Dean

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending