The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think if we get a question on describing the exam hall in english language.. you should write that :smile:
I'm sorry it actually happened to you but your description amused me.
ahaha
Reply 41
to the above

oh dear.
thatholliegirl
It's nearly June. The weather is okay, it's not raining for once and people are walking around in t-shirts -- So WHY does my school insist on having the bloody heaters on?!

I'm sat doing my English Lit exam. My pen has not left the paper since I started when suddenly I hear a low droning noise that gradually gets louder and louder and louder.

phoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

My papers begin to rustle.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ok, now my papers are actually flapping off my desk. I have to sprawl over my desk to keep them flat which puts me in direct path of the humid, dusty air blasting from the vents.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

I am clinging to my desk for dear life.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

The invigilators are ignoring my panicked stare.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

The amusement of my peers is palpable.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

People are beginning to edge their desks away from me.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

Oh yes, well done invigilators. You would have thought that they would have noticed the lone girl battling gale force winds in the corner sooner but appparently not.

They finally realise that I've been trying to get their attention for the past five minutes and after a small debate about who is going to make the trek across the hall, they dispatch a large woman wearing a pair of rather alarming red trousers. She marches determinedly across the hall towards me.

oooooooooooooooom

Silence. Blissful, peaceful silence.

The cloud of dust surrounding me slowly begins to thin.

My papers cease their flapping and settle gently into place.

I hastily release my iron grip on the desk.

The invigilator pauses and stares at me in confusion.

I pick up my pen and continue writing.

Suddenly I hear a low droning noise ...

If I fail my English Lit exam, the blame is going to land fully on that stupid heater which exploded into a cacophony of rumbles and shrieks every five minutes without fail throughout the duration of the paper.

That made me laugh, and not a lot of stuff on the internet makes me laugh.
Reply 43
I hate when the school gives you a tiny little exam desk where you can barely fit your pen never-mind 3 booklets. Can't they fork out and buy bigger tables? God.
Reply 44
thatholliegirl
It's nearly June. The weather is okay, it's not raining for once and people are walking around in t-shirts -- So WHY does my school insist on having the bloody heaters on?!

I'm sat doing my English Lit exam. My pen has not left the paper since I started when suddenly I hear a low droning noise that gradually gets louder and louder and louder.

phoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

My papers begin to rustle.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ok, now my papers are actually flapping off my desk. I have to sprawl over my desk to keep them flat which puts me in direct path of the humid, dusty air blasting from the vents.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

I am clinging to my desk for dear life.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

The invigilators are ignoring my panicked stare.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

The amusement of my peers is palpable.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

People are beginning to edge their desks away from me.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

Oh yes, well done invigilators. You would have thought that they would have noticed the lone girl battling gale force winds in the corner sooner but appparently not.

They finally realise that I've been trying to get their attention for the past five minutes and after a small debate about who is going to make the trek across the hall, they dispatch a large woman wearing a pair of rather alarming red trousers. She marches determinedly across the hall towards me.

oooooooooooooooom

Silence. Blissful, peaceful silence.

The cloud of dust surrounding me slowly begins to thin.

My papers cease their flapping and settle gently into place.

I hastily release my iron grip on the desk.

The invigilator pauses and stares at me in confusion.

I pick up my pen and continue writing.

Suddenly I hear a low droning noise ...

If I fail my English Lit exam, the blame is going to land fully on that stupid heater which exploded into a cacophony of rumbles and shrieks every five minutes without fail throughout the duration of the paper.

That post RULES!!!!! You are getting rep for that :biggrin:
Im sorry to hear of your troubles too. I fully undersand as in the RE one I was sitin next to the fan, i ended up kicking it so it was facing the other way :biggrin:
I think wobbly tables are my biggest gripe. It was funny in my Spanish exam today though because a girl knocked her table over. Doesn't sound very funny at all but believe me we were nearly in tears!

It's also annoying when there is writing on the exam tables (someone even wrote their Myspace address on one!) and at the end when invigilators walk past you they stare accusingly at you, as if they suspect you are the elusive graffito. Aargh...
Reply 46
The guy in front of me farted once in an exam, and i almost burst out laughing...

it distracted me for five minutes because i spent the time trying to hold my breath rather than answer the questions.

thankfully, he hasn't farted anymore.

what i hate the most is how everyone around me is sniffing their noses A LOT. the invigilators have told them to bring sweaters and tissues a million times, but they never do! so they just keep sniffing and sneezing, and shivering (because the ac is always on). it gets really annoying
Reply 47
Lol @ ThatHollieGirl's rant..
Anyone hate when candidates around you persist in tapping their pen against their table or by making some sort of noise when they're finished and you're not..
Hate it lol
Some funny rants though
:biggrin:
Reply 48
trance addict
i do that when im thinking :s-smilie:

Ok theres a difference lol between thinking which would be your case and persistently doing it unless you tap your pen all the time Lol
God, we have loads of them! It's soooo annoying.
It must be about 4 out of the 7 girls who sit round me that do that.
Reply 50
Lol..Hilarious..Just lob something at her
Reply 51
Lol..typical aye..
Seriously lob a rubber at her or something :damnmate:
How can you just gaze at the clock especially in exams like english every minute is crucial lol..
Lol, in my physics exam today, the double award people were told to stop and one teacher came over to me and asked me why I hadn't stopped. I told her that I still had half and hour to go because I was doing triple award. She glared at me and asked other people as well - as if I was lying for extra time in the exam which I had finished :rolleyes: she came back and said: "Why didn't you tell me you were triple award?" :eek:
How do you "jiggle" your legs?
RoadWarrior
How do you "jiggle" your legs?

Do you not have it where you are?
It's like a myth that people think if you constantly do that all day you burn like 500 calories extra or something.
Well, it might not be a myth, I spose, but....
Reply 55
nodacantabile
i hate exams
i hate it when there are no questions on what i spent ages revising and when everything turns out weird, like the how science works questions on b3 ><!!!

tbh i could not agree any more! B3 had everything i didnt revise! Quite funny tbh, its just sod's law to the maximum :P
Yeah physics went well I think.

No I have never sat next to anyone who "jiggles" but I might be someone who does that when I am rushing like in Eng Lit :s-smilie:

I definately hate people who cough on purpose in exams. It annoys me to the edge!
The head invigilator saying "10 minutes left, 10 minutes to go, 10 minutes remaining", makes me want to punch her face in repeatedly.
Reply 58
thebestusernameever
The head invigilator saying "10 minutes left, 10 minutes to go, 10 minutes remaining", makes me want to punch her face in repeatedly.

Loool. Bahahahaha
Reply 59
monkee
I also hate the fact that whenever I right something I look back at it and it's just a scrawled mess - I have no time to correct anything :frown: If my actual knowledge hasn't made me fail English Lit and RE, my handwriting might :frown:

i have the same problem, my handwriting is awful but ironically its the essay based subjects that i am best at and i really hope it doesnt let me down! I have been trying to write neatly with my notes but still write at the same pace just with letters a bit more equal height. I've found that it helps as my handwriting has improved a bit but its not that neat still but its more legible.

Latest