The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Wilsonator
OMG this lad near me is driving me insane. He is frankly a clown.
Every exam, his desk is his drum kit. 5 mins in, hes playing away. And he always finishes ridiculously early at which point the noise increases.

Well today i'd had enough:

Me to Invidulater

Loool.
Can't he get disqualified for that, he's causing a disturbance therefore lowering your chances of achieving.
:redface: Im sorry guys I think I may be one of these girls who 'jiggle'. I do it subconsciously- like while im thinking or at the end when Im bored.. I dont purposely think 'hmmm im going to jiggle my legs' lol. I will try not to in future I didnt realise other people could tell!
i hate it when you're next to a notoriously overly-intelligent person and they whizz through the paper and make you feel stupid.
or when the desks are close together and you have the numpty of the year sitting behind you and you can SO tell they are trying to look over your shoulder at your paper.
Reply 83
Nayberay
Agreed..also when they wear noisy shoes lol.Like today the head of english was wearing some boots and kept constantly walking around the exam hall like she was the duchess of dork lol..

i completly agree the head invig does it at my school and event though there is fabric on the floor to protect the gym floor she still make so much noise. my mum is a teacher and when she used to work at a high school she used to take hers off.

we should all complain to the exams officer to get noisy shoes banned!!:smile:
Reply 84
tuesday91
Agreed.

Also all through History I got a leg wiggling person out of the corner of my eye grrr. Seriously - if you are someone who does that in exams please stop it for other peoples' sake. It was the most distracting thing ever and made it so hard to focus on the question.

in my history exam the girl next to me had bright yellow socks on and it was all i could see out of the corner of my eye, they looked ace but annoying as hell in an exam i mean she has got the rest of her life to wear brigh socks so why in an exam
abigail_92
in my history exam the girl next to me had bright yellow socks on and it was all i could see out of the corner of my eye, they looked ace but annoying as hell in an exam i mean she has got the rest of her life to wear brigh socks so why in an exam

Why the hell would that bother you?
Gr when you have extra time and at the end the invigilator goes '5 minutes left for non-extra timers' then it's 'stop writing' then there's all the movement of them collecting the papers! Then there's more often than not a notice for our year from some teacher saying there's a practise paper for something or rather after school. Then everyone gets up and starts talking as they leave the hall... then it's all peaceful with about 4 people in the room. But seriously, it's so distracting!

Oh and when you can't actually read the time the exam finishes because the numbers for the normal people is hugeee and then for extra-timers in teeny tiny writing is the time for us...

Aanddd in maths exams when we get tracing paper and mine ALWAYS flies off my desk - it's so light that i just turn a page over in my answer booklet and wooooshh it's flown off! Lol.

Okay, rant over :p:
Reply 87
thebestusernameever
Why the hell would that bother you?

as it was all i could see and she kept shaking her foot
Reply 88
I write notoriously slowly and the person who sits next to me happens to be, if not the fastest writer in the year, damn close. So in English exams, when I'm struggling to finish, writing just a couple of pages, she's filled the entire 12 page answer booklet and a couple of extra sheets beside. :eek: How?! It's not a lack of ideas, I just physically can't write that fast. It's not really annoying though, more frustrating/demoralising. Especially when I find out that, despite finishing my English writing exams for the first time in my life, I'm still writing much less than everyone else. :frown:

Also, why does everyone keep spelling invigilator 'invidulator'?
Reply 89
der was this girl coughing thro my maths exam i put my hand up 2 tell the examiner she need 2 b taken out
Reply 90
During my Edexcel calculator paper the girl sitting next to me was in tears. Seriously she would stop every few minutes and cry! i was quite shocked at first because i didn't really know what to do. I just got on with my exams. the moderator asked if she is Ok, and she let her continue with her exams. I asked the girl why she was crying yesterday and she said it was because she was tired and didnt revise alot. Thank god my exams weren't that traumatic..
Reply 91
trav161
der was this girl coughing thro my maths exam i put my hand up 2 tell the examiner she need 2 b taken out

innit.
kids chewing their pen lids. SO ANNOYING.
Reply 93
near the end of my english lang exam, when i was struggling to finish writing, two english teachers started to have a conversation right over my head!! it was so distracting....
Reply 94
being right at the front of the hall next to my old maths teacher who hates me. having her shooting evil looks at me while i was trying to finish the paper was incredibly distracting as well.
Reply 95
About 10 people walking in late into English Lang. paper 2, I don't blame the people themselves because the school decided to change the time last minute from 13.30 to 13.00 because of a year 12 exam happening in the same room.

Being at the back of the hall in quite a lot of exams so that I can't see the exact time the exam finishes on the board.

Invigilators being slow to respond to you putting up your hand, you feel like saying "I have a time limit to do this exam you know?!".
I hated that geography exam where they printed that question on the last page and didn't tell people to turn over
Reply 97
one of the knobs in foundation bought in a laser and spent the whole exam shinning it in people's eyes! now that was annoying!
Reply 98
Poldev
one of the knobs in foundation bought in a laser and spent the whole exam shinning it in people's eyes! now that was annoying!

Haha what a genius :biggrin:
Poldev

Very annoying but fairly ingenius

Latest