The Student Room Group

PGCE conditional offer

Hello,

I wonder if anybody can help. I am hoping to start a PGCE in September. I have a conditional offer. The conditions being to achieve the required maths standards (C grade Maths GCSE and skills test pass). I have begun a course to get a GCSE equivalent (the university accepts this) I am really struggling with the maths revision for it and for the skills test. I really don't think I will be able to pass by August.
Does anybody know if Universities let you defer a year to obtain these qualifications? Would they hold my place next year or would I have to start the whole process over again?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!
Original post by glbaxter1
Hello,

I wonder if anybody can help. I am hoping to start a PGCE in September. I have a conditional offer. The conditions being to achieve the required maths standards (C grade Maths GCSE and skills test pass). I have begun a course to get a GCSE equivalent (the university accepts this) I am really struggling with the maths revision for it and for the skills test. I really don't think I will be able to pass by August.
Does anybody know if Universities let you defer a year to obtain these qualifications? Would they hold my place next year or would I have to start the whole process over again?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

You need to contact your university. If it's a shortage subject, it's very likely they will allow you to defer, but they may not.

If you are really struggling with the maths side of things, have you thought about getting a tutor?

There is also a lot of advice on here about the skills tests. Is it just maths you are struggling with, or both?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending