The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Newbie123
Why not?

'Cos we're pure ****e in it and have lost more finals than we have won.

We reached every domestic final except from one during our 9-in-a-row, but only won 2 trebles.
Celtic fans, how does it feel to know that you will win your domestic league & probably cup pretty much every single year for the foreseeable future?

Feels good man.

Cup is unpredictable though, isn't that often that it is Rangers who knock us out.

Even the league, after 2 or 3 years, you never know, clubs have put up competition until Xmas. Without Rangers Motherwell/Aberdeen/Dundee Utd may get even closer.
Celtic fans, how does it feel to know that you will win your domestic league & probably cup pretty much every single year for the foreseeable future?

the celtic board have been planning on a move to england for some time, though why rangers dont intend to start their new club in the english leagues i dont know...their share prices would rocket if they pulled it off.
pretty sure craig whyte will be welcome at celtic park anytime! :biggrin:
Reply 6964
The rags now have Stephen McKenna (Massive tim) and another buying Rangers.

Even though it's apparently Murray Park they are after :wink2:

What could property developers ever want with cheap real estate...
Reply 6965
Mad Vlad
Mr Vladimir Romanov today issued the following statement after recent revelations that have had a hugely damaging affect on the game in this country.

Mr Romanov, who has been consistent in his views since investing in Scottish football in 2005, said:

"The opinion of Heart of Midlothian FC in regards to the current situation of Scottish football is clear and robust.

"The football mafia represented by former owners of Rangers FC and Rupert Murdoch's media are to blame for some of the worst problems to hit Scottish football and must not be allowed back in under any circumstances.

"As regards the club itself, we can only express our deepest condolences to its supporters, who have been lied to for so many years.

"It had to happen sooner or later. Victories were achieved not by sporting merits, but through slander, conspiracies amongst players and their poaching via third parties, unfair pressuring of referees, who in themselves are as valuable to the fabric of football as the football stars themselves.

"All of this brought hollow victories and destroyed football. We can also mention the attempts to eliminate Hearts with the help of the tax petitions, through false accusations and threats to revoke the club license. There is a saying about digging a grave for someone: you get it for yourself

"Without these people football will become cleaner and stronger. Without Murdoch the whole of society will improve, in particular sport and culture.

"Supporters deserve a new beginning and have to accept the fact that their club has to start from the lower league, keeping order in the SPL and without creating unfair competition with other clubs.

"As regards the pitiful state of Scottish football finances, a lot of the blame should be placed at the doors of Murdoch's media. They pay huge sums to English clubs, whilst in Scotland, where football is better supported per capita than anywhere else in Europe and there are more cable or Sky subscribers per capita than in England, clubs receive peanuts for their broadcasting rights.

"At the very least this is discrimination and protectionism for the English football product, which at the same time stunts the development of the game in Scotland, that is regarded as the cradle of football.

"I feel that it is absolutely realistic to create a company that would bring to Scottish clubs at least the same broadcasting income, and even grow it by 50-100% over the next two to three years. This company should be in the hands of Scottish clubs and work with those who want to earn money the honest way, instead of conducting business the Murdoch way.

"They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale. A society that allows the destruction of integrity in sport, which is a crucial part of Scottish culture, is destroying itself - and all for the benefit of a media aborigine."

You just gotta love the mad man.
Was just going to post that. Awesome.
So that's a guaranteed no from Hearts, Motherwell, Celtic, Hibs, and probably Aberdeen, for the same reasons as Motherwell (board would want financial short term gains from Newco in, fans will lynch board if this happens). So is club 12 going to be Dunfermline again, or the 2nd spot in the 1st Division? A Dundee Derby would be awesome.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind Dundee back in the league.
Original post by R-KAM
You just gotta love the mad man.

:confused:
Original post by Mad Vlad

Holy **** you have a TSR profile. Well done for saying no!!!
Reply 6971
Original post by R-KAM
The rags now have Stephen McKenna (Massive tim) and another buying Rangers.

Even though it's apparently Murray Park they are after :wink2:

What could property developers ever want with cheap real estate...

Have they run out of names for knights yet? They must be using subtle shade names like you get for paint. This must be the "Burnt Sienna" or "Apple White" Knights by now.
Well done United for standing against cheats
Original post by robin22391
the celtic board have been planning on a move to england for some time, though why rangers dont intend to start their new club in the english leagues i dont know...their share prices would rocket if they pulled it off.

I've read rules (UEFA or FIFA I think) that state the club must have its stadium in the same country as the league is based. Newco Rangers would require a dispensation to start in the English leagues, or move to Carlisle.

A civilian caught in the crossfire! Your namesake owns Hearts.
Reply 6974
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
I've read rules (UEFA or FIFA I think) that state the club must have its stadium in the same country as the league is based. Newco Rangers would require a dispensation to start in the English leagues, or move to Carlisle.

Since when was Swansea in England?
Original post by Jordan_1
Since when was Swansea in England?

If I recall correctly, at the formation of the Welsh League, UEFA offered the Welsh clubs playing in England the option of returning to Wales or continuing in England. Therefore, Swansea fall under the 'special dispensation' caveat I neatly left there.

If you know your history.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6976
Haven't checked in here in a long while. Not since running my own superior forum :wink:

It's good to be a tim right now isn't it??

HMRC CSC
Reply 6977

Very sorry mate :lol:

Hearts chairman's name is Vladimir, and he's a wee bit mad :colondollar:

Did not even think that could be someone's profile name :lol:
Reply 6978
Original post by Celtic_Anthony

Swansea City are in the Premier League and Cardiff City in the Football League, with Newport County, Wrexham, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr Town in feeder leagues. These six teams have all played in the English football league system since their founding.

so are wales an exception or am i missing something, it wouldn't be fair play if welsh teams can play in epl but not scottish sides, if that is the case the rules need changing.

i've also heard that the problem with us moving was that we cant just move if we please, there has to be good reason...if rangers cease to exist they seem to have reason to enter an english league as a new team.

but then perhaps in the future a cross borders league will be formed, who knows.

do you know where you read those rules, i'd like to see them.

Quick Reply

Latest