The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bexxxx
I know this is what everyone will ask, but have you looked at advance booking for trains? Or at coaches? Some destinations have "fun-fares" so you can travel from like a fiver! It takes longer but cheap :smile:
Sadly, it's a really dodgy journey from Milton Keynes to Norwich. It's about an 8 hour journey by coach and to go by train it's £48 return, with me going down to london to liverpool street station, to get up to Norwich.

It's a real pig of a destination to get to!
Ilora-Danon
Sadly, it's a really dodgy journey from Milton Keynes to Norwich. It's about an 8 hour journey by coach and to go by train it's £48 return, with me going down to london to liverpool street station, to get up to Norwich.

It's a real pig of a destination to get to!

Once you get your railcard that'll be knocked down to about £30. Although it's still a lot, it's loads better than the £48.

And as for not being able to drive, I wouldn't worry too much. It's more convenient because you can leave whenever you want, you don't have to stick to train times, but my boyfriend lives about 200 miles from me and we looked into driving. It would take him almost as long to drive as to get the train and with petrol etc would cost about the same.

Also, welcome to the thread :hello:
Yeah I'm looking into a YP railcard now, there's a box for promo code... are there any promos going atm?
Are there no cheap advance fares to/from London?
Reply 3984
Ilora-Danon
Yeah I'm looking into a YP railcard now, there's a box for promo code... are there any promos going atm?

That is a pretty bad journey... Promo code though!! 10% off, if you buy before the 26th Oct. - NXEC10
Slender Loris
Are there no cheap advance fares to/from London?

Yes there are. I went from Liverpool to London for £7 with a railcard and an advance fair.
lucyhol1012
Yes there are. I went from Liverpool to London for £7 with a railcard and an advance fair.

I meant for Milton Keynes - Norwich via London.
Slender Loris
I meant for Milton Keynes - Norwich via London.

I just had a look and it is possible to get there, booked in advance with a rail card for £25
Hi guys!!
I am back!!
After all these busy months, and no laptop for the first few weeks of uni.

SO, my summer was great, was with FLorian the whole time, and it was amazing.So we are still together of course, now for 3 1/2 years :smile:

And I was just in Paris to see him this week end (well a 5 day week end :smile: ) and it was great!

Now how is everyone else's relationships, what happened in the last months??? Please get me updated :smile:
me and my bf have been together months and he's gone to uni in derby (2hrs away from me) we talked about it a little bit but he knew i was upset about him going but i just had to come to terms with it and stuff.. he told me not to worry that he loves me and that everything would be ok.. now i speak to him about twice a week and the conversations are via text and they're about 3 txts long..

he doesn't call me by my nick names anymore or anything. recently i've seeped back into my depression and i told him about it and he said well thanks for telling me but now i'm gonna be really stressed with my work & thats not the last thing that i want..

after being there for a week he said he wouldn't be home for 3months or for his b-day in november, and i wasn't going to allow that to happen so he suggested that i go down there in half term in october.. but its all changed and i don't wanna moan abou it all to him anymore and now i'm scared that when i go to see him he's going to break up with me.. i can't even remember the last time he said i love you

sorry for such a long post! but i majorly need help!
Baby_Face
me and my bf have been together months and he's gone to uni in derby (2hrs away from me) we talked about it a little bit but he knew i was upset about him going but i just had to come to terms with it and stuff.. he told me not to worry that he loves me and that everything would be ok.. now i speak to him about twice a week and the conversations are via text and they're about 3 txts long..

he doesn't call me by my nick names anymore or anything. recently i've seeped back into my depression and i told him about it and he said well thanks for telling me but now i'm gonna be really stressed with my work & thats not the last thing that i want..

after being there for a week he said he wouldn't be home for 3months or for his b-day in november, and i wasn't going to allow that to happen so he suggested that i go down there in half term in october.. but its all changed and i don't wanna moan abou it all to him anymore and now i'm scared that when i go to see him he's going to break up with me.. i can't even remember the last time he said i love you

sorry for such a long post! but i majorly need help!

You really have to talk to him. You say you talked about it a bit before he left, what exactly did you discuss?

It seems like your main problem here is a lack of communication. When I first read that it did seem like he wasn't that bothered but he suggested you go to visit so it's probably not that. Maybe he's just busy, or excited cos it's all new, or worried because he doesn't want to leave in case he misses anything?

And texting's hard as a main form of talking. Any chance you could phone him or doesn't he want to?
Rocky Raccoon
Hi guys!!
I am back!!
After all these busy months, and no laptop for the first few weeks of uni.

SO, my summer was great, was with FLorian the whole time, and it was amazing.So we are still together of course, now for 3 1/2 years :smile:

And I was just in Paris to see him this week end (well a 5 day week end :smile: ) and it was great!

Now how is everyone else's relationships, what happened in the last months??? Please get me updated :smile:

Tess!! :hi: Come and join us in the new chat thread (link's in my sig) :smile:
Reply 3992
heyy I need some good ideas!

I'm going to see my boyfriend of nearly 3 years at uni for the first time since he went back at the end of september.. I want to get him something.. not massively expensive or flash.. but something that will sort of remind him of me when I go back.. (I wont see him again till xmas holidays most likely)

last year I made him a scrapbook of photos of us.. so maybe even something like that?
any ideas please :biggrin:
lisiloo
heyy I need some good ideas!

I'm going to see my boyfriend of nearly 3 years at uni for the first time since he went back at the end of september.. I want to get him something.. not massively expensive or flash.. but something that will sort of remind him of me when I go back.. (I wont see him again till xmas holidays most likely)

last year I made him a scrapbook of photos of us.. so maybe even something like that?
any ideas please :biggrin:

I've got my boyfriend a picture frame and put a photo in it for him :smile:
Another time I got him a Me to You bear that he has in his room!
Last year we also had matching key rings which was really nice because whenever I saw it I thought of him :smile:
Reply 3994
lucyhol1012
I've got my boyfriend a picture frame and put a photo in it for him :smile:
Another time I got him a Me to You bear that he has in his room!
Last year we also had matching key rings which was really nice because whenever I saw it I thought of him :smile:

ohh they are cute ideas.. although i think if I bought my bf a tedy bear he might laugh at me.. he's um.. not really that type haha!

I like the photo frame idea though!
lisiloo
ohh they are cute ideas.. although i think if I bought my bf a tedy bear he might laugh at me.. he's um.. not really that type haha!

I like the photo frame idea though!

Neither is my boyfriend to be honest. But when you miss someone the things you'd normally laugh at don't seem as funny and silly any more. But that is just in my experience.
Hey guys... Just entered a LDR because of uni...

We've been together 2 years, we used to spend nearly every day together and now we are stuck in this situation where we are 2 and a half hours apart and it's not easy.

I am going to be honest... I get jealous easily. :frown: It's made me a really **** boyfriend at times. It takes over me like I don't know what. Uni isn't making it easier.

The girl I'm with is amazing. She's drop dead gorgeous, has the best personality I have ever known... When her eyes touch me, it's like the sun is reaching down from the sky.. All of this and yet I constantly drive her away.. She has the patience of a Saint.

I got mad at her because I booked a train fare down for the weekend of Halloween because she said she was able to see me (not knowing it was Halloween at the time).. I had to book early because it's far too expensive if I don't. Then last night she tells me that she can't see me that weekend because she has already told her room-mate that she would go to a Halloween party with her... I got so mad.. It feels like she is putting this party in front of me.. She won't let me go to the party with her because she told me that it would be unfair on her room-mate, however she won't even let me ask her room-mate if it would be ok...

I don't know what to do.. Was I really that unreasonable on this occasion?

Sometimes I let her walk all over me. I'm scared she will finish with me. I don't like to make her unhappy.

I'm sorry guys/gals this is a bit of a mess.. I'm just so confused right now.. .
Reply 3997
scott202
She won't let me go to the party with her because she told me that it would be unfair on her room-mate,

..what?

That is complete BS, I would be VERY mad if my GF said that to me!

What possible reason could there be? Firstly she's putting her room mate in front of you, secondly she won't let you come with her!

No way would I let my GF do that!
scott202
Hey guys... Just entered a LDR because of uni...

We've been together 2 years, we used to spend nearly every day together and now we are stuck in this situation where we are 2 and a half hours apart and it's not easy.

I am going to be honest... I get jealous easily. :frown: It's made me a really **** boyfriend at times. It takes over me like I don't know what. Uni isn't making it easier.

The girl I'm with is amazing. She's drop dead gorgeous, has the best personality I have ever known... When her eyes touch me, it's like the sun is reaching down from the sky.. All of this and yet I constantly drive her away.. She has the patience of a Saint.

I got mad at her because I booked a train fare down for the weekend of Halloween because she said she was able to see me (not knowing it was Halloween at the time).. I had to book early because it's far too expensive if I don't. Then last night she tells me that she can't see me that weekend because she has already told her room-mate that she would go to a Halloween party with her... I got so mad.. It feels like she is putting this party in front of me.. She won't let me go to the party with her because she told me that it would be unfair on her room-mate, however she won't even let me ask her room-mate if it would be ok...

I don't know what to do.. Was I really that unreasonable on this occasion?

Sometimes I let her walk all over me. I'm scared she will finish with me. I don't like to make her unhappy.

I'm sorry guys/gals this is a bit of a mess.. I'm just so confused right now.. .

yeah i kinda now how you feel :yes: the best way is to make the time pass quicker so it keeps your mind off it! You could join a club, do some overtime at work or just go out with mates even. Organise a night in. Just to take your mind off it. Also keep in contact regularly. Have a chat and a catch up over the phone. By keeping busy youll also have more to say :smile: hope this helps!
scott - I don't think you're being unreasonable at all on this occasion. Sounds like outrageous and unreasonable behaviour from your gf. Can you talk to her about it again?

Latest

Trending

Trending