The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

holy crap myself and herself are approaching the six month mark bleeding heck
Original post by silverbolt
jellybean (i think it is early and ive only had one coffee)

:yep: youre right :smile: Living in spain! Don't pay any attention to my location, its hardly ever right I just dont know/cba to change it :tongue:

holy crap myself and herself are approaching the six month mark bleeding heck

ooooh exciting :eek: :biggrin:

Me and the boy are approaching the 11 month mark which means nearly a yearrrr :shock:
Can it just be Friday already? :colondollar: dont feel like revising and working, just want it to be done with :tongue:
Reply 8003
Original post by ktlaurenroe
Can it just be Friday already? :colondollar: dont feel like revising and working, just want it to be done with :tongue:

I just need fastforwarding 24 hours. Cos then at least i can relax till my exam next Tuesday!
Original post by Kennetha
I just need fastforwarding 24 hours. Cos then at least i can relax till my exam next Tuesday!

Fast forward 3 days more like! :tongue: I've got another tomorrow afternoon, and one on Friday afternoon right before I go over to see him :sigh:
Reply 8005
Ahh, gotta hate stressful weekdays :-/
Take heart though. My approach to life is to work on autopilot and you'll see the days speeding by.
My bf is coming over tomorrow for the weekend, I'm sooooooooo excited! My laptop broke 2 weeks ago we haven't been able to see each other by skype or anything since then and i miss him so much!!:o:o:redface:

sorry that i didnt get a chance to go through your answers guys, i´ll try to keep updated as soon as im back in spain!
Original post by Kennetha
Ahh, gotta hate stressful weekdays :-/
Take heart though. My approach to life is to work on autopilot and you'll see the days speeding by.

:yep: Exactly one week today, they'll all be over, definitely looking forward to no more exam/work stress! :woo:

Good luck in your exams btw :hugs:

Original post by Colpejafort
My bf is coming over tomorrow for the weekend, I'm sooooooooo excited! My laptop broke 2 weeks ago we haven't been able to see each other by skype or anything since then and i miss him so much!!:o:o:redface:

sorry that i didnt get a chance to go through your answers guys, i´ll try to keep updated as soon as im back in spain!

I feel your pain! My laptop was broken for more than a month and it was sooo annoying not being able to skype :sigh: but yaaay, hope you have a good time :h:
Original post by Colpejafort

So happy for you!!! Have fun! <3
Original post by such_a_lady

Original post by Jellybean91

Original post by kat91s

Thank you all for your kind responses :smile:. I looked on the National Rail website and luckily it doesn't make a difference in price whether I buy a ticket a day in advance or two months in advance, so no worries there. It's also about £20 return which I suppose isn't too bad.

The thing with him is, he doesn't like the idea of trying to date a girl too much online. He said he'd want to be able to actually see me in person often enough to be able to properly get to know me. And that it's hard because of the distance and he also visits some of his friends often who also live far away from him, so juggling it all would be hard for him.

I'm thinking about talking to him about it again, as I have an idea and I'll see how it might go :smile:
:lovie:

3 day left :daydreaming:

:kiss2:
I'm seeing my boyfriend on Friday, too :smile: he's here until Tuesday, and I turn 21 and finish my degree on the Monday, so it's going to be fun!

Original post by Anonymous
Thank you all for your kind responses :smile:. I looked on the National Rail website and luckily it doesn't make a difference in price whether I buy a ticket a day in advance or two months in advance, so no worries there. It's also about £20 return which I suppose isn't too bad.

Are you sure?! It usually does make a difference, and can make a huge difference at that. The flat rate for my home-uni journey is £40, but I usually get it for £8-£10 via booking in advance and student deals, and I once got from York to London for £8 instead of £60! Maybe try other train ticket sites, or if you have to change trains during your journey, use the splitting technique (i.e. if you set off from x and have to change at y to get to z, book a ticket from x to y and then a separate ticket from y to z, rather than a ticket from x to z) as more often than not, it will make your journey cheaper. Though if you really can't improve the price, it could be a lot worse than £20.

/train prices nerd.
Original post by rainbow drops
I'm seeing my boyfriend on Friday, too :smile: he's here until Tuesday, and I turn 21 and finish my degree on the Monday, so it's going to be fun!

Wish I could stay with her until tuesday; but I still have bloody college left...only 3 weeks more to endure :awesome:
Reply 8013
Original post by rainbow drops

Are you sure?! It usually does make a difference, and can make a huge difference at that. The flat rate for my home-uni journey is £40, but I usually get it for £8-£10 via booking in advance and student deals, and I once got from York to London for £8 instead of £60! Maybe try other train ticket sites, or if you have to change trains during your journey, use the splitting technique (i.e. if you set off from x and have to change at y to get to z, book a ticket from x to y and then a separate ticket from y to z, rather than a ticket from x to z) as more often than not, it will make your journey cheaper. Though if you really can't improve the price, it could be a lot worse than £20.

/train prices nerd.

I think it probably depends on the route. I just did a little experiment on National Rail, and my hometown to uni would be £13.80 tomorrow for a single. For the same time in August - as far as the booking calendar goes - it's exactly the same price. That said, there are a couple of trains that are £7 single tomorrow (no idea why... they actually seem to be the quickest trains!), and go down to £6.50 in advance. Oddly enough, it seems to be cheaper to buy two £6.50 singles than a return, though, which never normally happens, either. Trains are straaange.
Willum Infanta
Wish I could stay with her until tuesday; but I still have bloody college left...only 3 weeks more to endure :awesome:

Aw, well three weeks isn't long at all and then you'll be finished! If it helps, my university finals are almost definitely a whole lot worse :tongue:

Original post by jeh_jeh
I think it probably depends on the route. I just did a little experiment on National Rail, and my hometown to uni would be £13.80 tomorrow for a single. For the same time in August - as far as the booking calendar goes - it's exactly the same price. That said, there are a couple of trains that are £7 single tomorrow (no idea why... they actually seem to be the quickest trains!), and go down to £6.50 in advance. Oddly enough, it seems to be cheaper to buy two £6.50 singles than a return, though, which never normally happens, either. Trains are straaange.

Yeah, maybe I'm just lucky with my routes, then. It's a case of practice and being savvy about it all, really. I was totally oblivious to things like journey splitting in my first year of university, so I regularly spent about £38 on open return tickets from home to uni and vice versa :facepalm: but now that I've learnt to book trains carefully, I never want to buy a full price open return ever again! Trains in this country are far too expensive, so I don't let them rip me off any more, especially when it comes to my relationship.

Late night essay-writing is so dulllllllll.
Original post by Anonymous

The thing with him is, he doesn't like the idea of trying to date a girl too much online. He said he'd want to be able to actually see me in person often enough to be able to properly get to know me. And that it's hard because of the distance and he also visits some of his friends often who also live far away from him, so juggling it all would be hard for him.

I'm thinking about talking to him about it again, as I have an idea and I'll see how it might go :smile:

trainline.com never mind national rail site.
Original post by Willum Infanta

till what? That horrendous thing in your sig pops out the screen and eats your soul.
that things hideous :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

And im not jealous, nope not at all, no sireeee, nope nada.
Original post by Willum Infanta

Yaaaaay :ahee: can't wait to see you :hugs: it has been way too long without some cuddles :puppyeyes:
Reply 8018
Yaaaaay :ahee: can't wait to see you :hugs: it has been way too long without some cuddles :puppyeyes:

Awwww :smile:
I am feeling horribly jealous now, just so you know. 3 months to go! :tongue:
Original post by kat91s
Awwww :smile:
I am feeling horribly jealous now, just so you know. 3 months to go! :tongue:

Ahh I'm sorry! :tongue: that must be so difficult! Hope it goes fast for you :hugs: sometimes I forget that in this thread at least, what with some people's huge distances, we're lucky to only be a few hours apart :blushing:

Latest

Trending

Trending