The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Mine left last Saturday and I miss him like crazy. I've cried quite alot since he's gone but I think it's more to do with the fact that I know he's out having loads of fun and making new friends (which is absolutely great! Don't get me wrong I want him to be doing that) but I'm stuck, sitting in my room, completely on my own for a week because I'm the last one to start uni. I guess I'm just a bit lonely, especially after we've been living together all summer, it just feels alien to me to not have him around. Ah well, I feel miles better this morning, and I get to see him in just over a weeks time. :smile:

P.S. Thank you to the thread starter! I needed that!
Reply 1181
Rosie18
Mine left last Saturday and I miss him like crazy. I've cried quite alot since he's gone but I think it's more to do with the fact that I know he's out having loads of fun and making new friends (which is absolutely great! Don't get me wrong I want him to be doing that) but I'm stuck, sitting in my room, completely on my own for a week because I'm the last one to start uni. I guess I'm just a bit lonely, especially after we've been living together all summer, it just feels alien to me to not have him around. Ah well, I feel miles better this morning, and I get to see him in just over a weeks time. :smile:

P.S. Thank you to the thread starter! I needed that!

hey no problem. i have felt exactly the same way! (and at first i thought i was being stupid cuz i thought i was the only one!) and now today im feeling abit better too because i phoned him last nite and we had an hour long convo and he sent me pics of what his room was like! i started to cry however when i saw his jacket hanging up and his laptop on the desk! but i was worried that his room mite be a complete dump and be really dingy but its really nice so im very relieved now! havent cried today.... yet :rolleyes:
i think we all need to just have a good time..
theres no point in crying(even tho i do lol)
wehave our fun
they have theirs
have fun together :smile:
Anonymous
stop bitching, at least youve got someone to miss.

:ditto: :hmmm:
Reply 1184
slevien1
i think we all need to just have a good time..
theres no point in crying(even tho i do lol)
wehave our fun
they have theirs
have fun together :smile:

yes lets! rite everyone has to go out and do somethig fun this week! no point mopping about! why dont you all let us know what your planning to do!

i have decided to get a tattoo! im getting a butterfly i drew myself done and the girl is drawing it up properly as we speak so next week i should be getting it! its my birthday present to me for my 21st which my bf wont be here for!!! so im buying myself a present!

ill post up my tattoo in my profile!
:biggrin:
Reply 1185
I think I might do lots of baking today! That'll take my mind of it, plus eating lots of cake and cookies seems like a very good idea! :biggrin:

I might even send my boyfriend some cookies in the post, if he's lucky! :yep:
Skingods
yes lets! rite everyone has to go out and do somethig fun this week! no point mopping about! why dont you all let us know what your planning to do!

i have decided to get a tattoo! im getting a butterfly i drew myself done and the girl is drawing it up properly as we speak so next week i should be getting it! its my birthday present to me for my 21st which my bf wont be here for!!! so im buying myself a present!

ill post up my tattoo in my profile!
:biggrin:

cooool :smile:
Im going clubbing this weekend..
will have a great time with my girlies hehe
Im getting my tragus pierced this weekend hehe
dont reckon the other half will like it..but hey!
You off out this weekend?
xx
Reply 1187
Rosie18
I think I might do lots of baking today! That'll take my mind of it, plus eating lots of cake and cookies seems like a very good idea! :biggrin:

o thats such a good idea! i started writing letters to my boyfriend as well! so that he get stuff in the post! hehe! but i think ill just bring stuff over like potato and soda bread for him when i go over! which i have to book next week too!

oh i cant wait!

would cookies and things not go off by the time they get there? or wud thy be alrite? how do you send them?
Rosie18

wow!
do you live in shropshire too?
haha xx
slevein, skingods and rosie18 have got the right idea

Some of you guys need to pull yourselves together a bit, your fellas have gone to uni, they haven't died.

If you can't deal with this now, how are you going to deal with the break up at Christmas?

I can guarantee that these guys won't be sitting around moping. They are going to be having fun with new people (whatever that involves), and going off the record of the single girls in my uni, they weren't especially 'respectful' of a guy having a 'girl back home'.
Reply 1190
Skingods

would cookies and things not go off by the time they get there? or wud thy be alrite? how do you send them?

I think they'll be ok as long as I send them by next day delivery (it'll cost abit more but he's worth it!) and I think i'll just put them in alittle tupperware tub and wrap it in brown paper.

The only thing I'm worried about is that my boyfriend hasn't found where he collected his mail from yet! They'll probably have gone stale by the time he does! lol.
Reply 1191
slevien1
wow!
do you live in shropshire too?
haha xx

Yep! Not for much longer though! :p:
Reply 1192
Hello all, I just wanted to invite you all over the the long distance relationship society chat thread here. We're all going through the same thing and are always happy to give advice and hugs :smile:

Also, try not to worry too much. My boyfriend and I have survived him leaving for uni, then me going to a different university the year after, and now me starting at another university 4 hours and £50 away for postgrad, and we're still going strong. Freshers' week will always be a tough time for the one who is left behind as it can feel like you're missing your partner more than they're missing you or that they don't care, but it's just an important part of settling into university. Sure, they may not be calling as much as you'd like, but they know that you are still going to be there for them and at the moment they need to concentrate on making new friends. It'll ease off after the first few weeks
I agree with everyone,
you know theres just no use in crying.. it makes you tired hehe
Im here to give you advice :smile:

huges for all xx
Reply 1194
Well i talked to my boyf last night and we're both feeling so much better :biggrin: i think that the first few nights are difficult, but at least now i cant have my nights out in sheffield :biggrin: (bfs at sheffield)
Also....i just bought a railcard!!
MagicNMedicine

Some of you guys need to pull yourselves together a bit, your fellas have gone to uni, they haven't died.

If you can't deal with this now, how are you going to deal with the break up at Christmas?

I can guarantee that these guys won't be sitting around moping. They are going to be having fun with new people (whatever that involves), and going off the record of the single girls in my uni, they weren't especially 'respectful' of a guy having a 'girl back home'.

Wow, way to put a downer on everything. What makes you think everyone's going to break up at Xmas?

I feel the same as you girls, my girlfriend is at uni, i'm so insanely jealous that she's out having a great time with new people..other boys, and i'm stuck here alone. I want the Uni to burn down so she has to come home.

Ah well. If she cheats, I'll kill her, =)
Reply 1196
MagicNMedicine

Me and my boyfriend aren't breaking up at christmas....were going on holidaaayy woooooooooop :biggrin: :biggrin: :woo: :yep:
Whilst I want her to settle in, at the same time I dont want her to be out with other people, I dont want her to be talking to other boys, some of which will probably want to sleep with her. I want her to be here, with me, and everything will be great just like before.

I just didnt think an extra 50p or another 10 minutes on the phone was too much to ask instead of being rudely hung up on. After all, like I said, she had the money to go clubbing.
I asked this in the chat thread, but will ask here too! Do you call your boy/girlfriend every day?
Reply 1199
Anonymous

I feel the same as you girls, my girlfriend is at uni, i'm so insanely jealous that she's out having a great time with new people..other boys, and i'm stuck here alone. I want the Uni to burn down so she has to come home.

Ah well. If she cheats, I'll kill her, =)

I don't feel like that at all :confused:

Yeah I'm sad that I can't see him quite as much as I'd like but theres no way i'd want him to come home! He's at uni having a fantastic time, making new friends and working towards his (and hopefully our :yep: ) future. Plus I have complete faith in him so theres no need for me to be jealous.

Latest

Trending

Trending