The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Acommodation Questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Welcome to the thread for University of Leeds Accommodation Questions for those heading there in 2020. :banana:

Here you can discuss about which halls suit you the best, as well as get answers to any other questions you may have about accommodation in Leeds. :smile:

You might even find some of your future flatmates here! :biggrin:

Volunteer Note: Please don't use this (or any other) thread to share social media details or information about group chats. This isn't allowed on TSR in order to protect all users, if you post information about your instagram, snapchat, email etc. then it will be edited out.

Hello!! Ive got a question about Devonshire Hall, is there really an on site gym? It says there is on the website as part of the facilities but i dont see it in the pictures, any help please?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 81
Could someone help me to chose between these 4 accommodations:
-Charles Morris
-Devonshire
-Ellerslie Global residence
-Lyddon Hall

I prefer for catered and en-suite and those 4 offer that.
Which one would be considered more "sociable" and with international students.
Reply 82
Hi,

Could someone recommend me an accommodation that isn't too sociable? I'd like somewhere welcoming but I'm quite an introverted person so I don't want to go somewhere where I could be overwhelmed!! :biggrin: Also somewhere near campus would be nice.

Thank you!!
Original post by RennLea
Hi,

Could someone recommend me an accommodation that isn't too sociable? I'd like somewhere welcoming but I'm quite an introverted person so I don't want to go somewhere where I could be overwhelmed!! :biggrin: Also somewhere near campus would be nice.

Thank you!!

Hi,

Although I am not a student at UOL so i am not experienced in the social aspect of the accom I am also looking at accom for UOL. I had noticed on the Montague Burton accom page that the uni mention that they offer an option for quieter blocks which assume means that the quieter options may be more chill and you may find like minded people. Yet as i say I only know as much as what the website says so I hope this helps :smile:
I'm about to put in my application for Lyddon Hall and i was wondering if anyone has more information about what a shared bathroom implies...? is it an en-suite shared by two people, or like a public bathroom area with a few toilets and showers?
Original post by AvishR
-Charles Morris
-Devonshire
-Lyddon Hall

from what I've heard Ellerslie Global has a lot of international student while still being pretty social
Original post by AvishR
-Charles Morris
-Devonshire
-Lyddon Hall

Ellerslie has about 50% international students. Charles Morris is socialble, perhaps to the extreme.
Original post by Sam.antha
I'm about to put in my application for Lyddon Hall and i was wondering if anyone has more information about what a shared bathroom implies...? is it an en-suite shared by two people, or like a public bathroom area with a few toilets and showers?

It varies but normally entails several toilets and bathrooms shared between a group of people.
Original post by Fifi G
Hello!! Ive got a question about Devonshire Hall, is there really an on site gym? It says there is on the website as part of the facilities but i dont see it in the pictures, any help please?

Yes, there is.
Original post by RennLea
Hi,

Thank you!!

North Hill Court and Devonshire tend to be on the quieter size, and are about 20 mins from campus :smile:
Since I applied accommodation quite late, how likely am I to get a place in sentinel towers?
Well, I didnt noticed I need to apply for accommodation before I get an unconditional offer.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Welcome to the thread for University of Leeds Accommodation Questions for those heading there in 2020. :banana:

Here you can discuss about which halls suit you the best, as well as get answers to any other questions you may have about accommodation in Leeds. :smile:

You might even find some of your future flatmates here! :biggrin:

Volunteer Note: Please don't use this (or any other) thread to share social media details or information about group chats. This isn't allowed on TSR in order to protect all users, if you post information about your instagram, snapchat, email etc. then it will be edited out.

Hi, i have just applied to the university of leeds and so hope to start in 2021. what accomodation is the best one to for? I am looking for the one that suits me the best, i would like it to be a sociable hall and one that is convenient to get to campus, if not on campus. I am also studying psychology so a hall not too far from there would be ideal.

Are most people catered or self-catered?

thanks for any help.
Hello. I'm thinking of applying to leeds and looking into accommodation.

I want somewhere as cheap as possible, more than happy to share a bathroom if it means more money to spend on the lash and will hopefully not be with too snobby people. The shared houses look interesting but not a lot of people seem to mention them, saw quite a disparaging review of them on The Tab. But they are cheap and very close to campus. I was just worried about how sociable they were. Definitely want somewhere where it is easy to make friends and have a goodtime. I will be 23 in September. Any info much appreciated!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by beatrice vane
Hi, i have just applied to the university of leeds and so hope to start in 2021. what accomodation is the best one to for? I am looking for the one that suits me the best, i would like it to be a sociable hall and one that is convenient to get to campus, if not on campus. I am also studying psychology so a hall not too far from there would be ideal.

Are most people catered or self-catered?

thanks for any help.

Hi! im a first year in central village block D and i couldn't recommend it enough. heres some points i absolutely love about it
-its self catered and en-suite
-the rooms and kitchen are very modern and spacious
-the bins are changed every week day by the cleaners
-the reception and maintenance staff are very helpful and get problems fixed right away
-its very sociable since theres 20 floors in block D and other blocks as well plus cityside is right next to it
-the walls are thick enough as well so there's no noise issues
-im in a flat of 6 which is the perfect amount of people
-its right in the city centre and next to campus so you barely have to walk far for anything
-there's a tesco attached to the accommodation or a morrisons a 5 minute walk away
Hello! Will soon apply to uni of Leeds to study Food Science :smile: also, having a hard time finding an accommodation as it will be my first year. Any advice?
If anyone has any questions about white rose view feel free to ask. I'm currently living here and last year found it difficult to get some info about it as it had just opened back then :smile:
Hi, I was looking at the accommodations for Charles Morris en suite and was wondering would the kitchen sizes be similar for both catered and self-catered? How many people would be sharing the kitchen if I go with self-catered vs catered? Also if I go with catered will I not have some facilities vs if I go with self-catered. I am also gluten-free so I can't eat wheat and was wondering if I go catered will the refectory have any gluten-free foods?
Hiya, Im starting my third year this September but due to doing a placement this year, by the time I come into third all my friends would have graduated. Do you know any student halls specific for 2nd & 3rd years? Thanks! xx
Reply 95
Original post by Anonymous
If anyone has any questions about white rose view feel free to ask. I'm currently living here and last year found it difficult to get some info about it as it had just opened back then :smile:

Do you think white rose is worth the price since it's slightly higher priced and 20 mins away from campus? I saw the facilities are really excellent and modern, do I have to pay an extra fee to use the study room/ cinema etc? Would love to hear some more opinions, thanks!
Any recommendations for postgrad uni accommodations?
which one would be a better choice to go with?
Original post by yann29
Do you think white rose is worth the price since it's slightly higher priced and 20 mins away from campus? I saw the facilities are really excellent and modern, do I have to pay an extra fee to use the study room/ cinema etc? Would love to hear some more opinions, thanks!

Sorry for the late reply! Not sure if this will be much use to you anymore. You don't need to pay extra to use any of the facilities, it's all included. The study rooms were nice and there were a few types (quiet, silent, social study rooms). the cinema/yoga room was closed more often than not I found. the private dining room was nice for having friends over but closed halfway through second semester. I liked the gym as it had everything I needed (although small). The distance to shops/places was most useful for me. Merrion centre is across the road (morrisons, home bargains etc), a puregym across the street, and a wetherspoons downstairs. It depends on where your campus buildings are for your course but I never found it more than a 15 minute walk, which is roughly the same distance you'll be walking in 2nd/3rd year anyway. WRV is definitely overpriced and throughout the year repairs needed to be done both on the building itself and within the flats. There was an issue in Semester 1 with several flats and their fridges, which ended up being really inconvenient for the smaller flats with only 1 fridge. TLDR; The location of it trumps the other accommodations IMO, the facilities are great but you wont end up using half of them. The 'modernness' is a bit of a gimmick and things tend to break/not work often. Did you end up choosing WRV?
hi ! does anyone have experience with sentinel towers or anything more about it ? i am a healthcare student meaning that when applying for accommodation, i have a limited number of choices and sentinel towers seems to be the best one for me, but i can't find anyone talking about it much, apart from the fact it's the most unsociable accommodation
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I was looking at the accommodations for Charles Morris en suite and was wondering would the kitchen sizes be similar for both catered and self-catered? How many people would be sharing the kitchen if I go with self-catered vs catered? Also if I go with catered will I not have some facilities vs if I go with self-catered. I am also gluten-free so I can't eat wheat and was wondering if I go catered will the refectory have any gluten-free foods?

Hi, I was just wondering if you ended up picking Charles Morris catered and had any answers to your original questions.

Quick Reply

Latest