The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Please, don't just pick a science which is the hardest! All sciences are considered hard. Just pick one you enjoy and which one you will able to get a high grade in it.
Reply 2
Chem probz then physics then biology in my opinion. Biology is all remembering, physics all application and chemistry a mixture of the two. If you have a good memory pick bio if not do chem or phyiscs. Or even better do the one you like most
Reply 3
It depends what you're good at and what you enjoy doing. Some will say Chemistry is the hardest, and some will say the same about Physics and Biology. Think of it this way:

Physics - lots of maths, lots of equations, lots of theoretical stuff about electricity etc
Chemistry - a fair bit of maths, lots of stuff about atoms, electrons, etc., some stuff related to medicine I'd imagine

Biology - much more qualitative, so less maths, but more essays, aspects from Chemistry are involved in quite a bit of it, involves complex systems of things like cells, microorganisms, etc.
do physics:

to quote a popular sports brand- just do it.
Physics is by far the hardest.
Personally, I would take the science that best complements your other subjects; Biology can go well with Psycology or other social sciences, whereas Physics goes (obviously) with Maths, Further Maths and Computing.
Take a science that you think you can get a good grade in, and one which could conceivably form part of a university offer.
Reply 6
i enjoy chemistry but my boi just told me its extremly hard becouse his siter who was an A* sudent took it and got an E at as level
Reply 7
Take the one you like not the one that's hardest
Biology is definitely the 'hardest' science

At least with physics and chemistry, once you get your head around the topics its plain sailing from there

Biology on the other hand requires you to remember a lot more stuff, and if you have poor memory like me then it can be a right pain in the arse :p:
Reply 9
sahil112
i enjoy chemistry but my boi just told me its extremly hard becouse his siter who was an A* sudent took it and got an E at as level

Probably due to one of the following:
- laziness
- illness
- terrible teaching

I know someone who got a C at GCSE Chemistry and got a high A at A-level. Admittedly, she worked her ass off, but who cares :p: That's what school's for, right? :woo:
Well i took chemistry + physics and chemistry was easily the hardest. But then, i actually like Physics.
Reply 11
nuodai
Probably due to one of the following:
- laziness
- illness
- terrible teaching

I know someone who got a C at GCSE Chemistry and got a high A at A-level. Admittedly, she worked her ass off, but who cares :p: That's what school's for, right? :woo:

you mabey be right i guess il stick with chemistry then :smile: thanks for the advice
Biology and Chemistry are the future of science or so I've heard. If you want to be apart of that, pick one of those. (ideally both :smile: )
Reply 13
I would say Chemistry. But everyone has their favourites i guess. Which is why i would never EVER suggest to anyone that they do Physics A Level - i hated that subject at A Level.. :p:
Reply 14
becky.fm
I would say Chemistry. But everyone has their favourites i guess. Which is why i would never EVER suggest to anyone that they do Physics A Level - i hated that subject at A Level.. :p:

i hate that subject at gcse level i mean hated it *
becky.fm

I'm not even going to respond to this comment. :eviltongue: (even though i am:p: )

consider this responding... to not responding.:eek:
i found chemistry much harder than biology, but my teachers for chem were pretty bad
Science ****ing rocks.

Pick what you think appeals to you.

You will excel at something you like over something you don't.

Its logic.

Love logic?

Love physics. I regret not doing physics in school.

Chem and Bio are pretty cool though!
Reply 18
i got highest mark for chemitry in core science but i wanted 2 now what i got for additional but it didnt state so from core im thinkin chmistry i will find easier then physics or bio becouse i do enjoy da subject
I can't really comment on Physics but I found (AS) Chemistry so much harder than Biology to be honest.

Latest